No announcement yet.

BASS Open Competitor Murdered in Jackson Miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go to Jackson, MS every month for work. I've never felt unsafe. But, I rarely go out at night.

Comment

[quote=raiderelkhunter;7702107]
      Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
      Sad deal.
      If any of you members or any of your family ever intend to go to Mississippi, DO NOT stay or even spend any time in Jackson under any circumstances. Not being racial at all but if you are white, your chances of leaving there unharmed are little to none.
      I'm warning y'all from experience. If you have to go there, stay in Clinton or
      I'm originally from Jackson. Parents Moved us to Clinton when I was age 11 for better schools. I rarely go back. Mississippi is a beautiful state but Jackson is a cesspool. And unfortunately it's as buckshot says. Very dark and if you are white there's not too many areas where you would feel safe. My friends who live in ms still refer to Jackson as "Jafrica". Depresses me everytime I go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Daggum, that is horrible news. Totally disgusting to hear this type of news.

Did the article, story, or police report list race, religion or culture? Is there a suspect or witness that could identify the murderer?

Was that in the article? Anybody have a copy of this?
        I didn't say "who" committed this particular crime but do have several friends and family in LE there and they know more than they're printing.
        All I was doing is warning people of the danger of being in that city at any given time. I was an officer there for 12 years and know the danger lurking, especially in the downtown area. I personally will not stay in a motel in that city for any reason.

Comment

BTW, they do have the thug's picture on camera.

Comment

Man that is so messed up. You would think BASS would provide security at night for the contestants.

Comment

Tragedy for sure.

Comment

Worked there for a month this year! Stayed in Brandon and worked in Pearl. I was lucky. Several of my buddies worked downtown and said they would never go there again.

Comment

God bless his family. Both of them.

Comment

Sad news, prayers for friends and family. To much of this goes on.

Comment

Fished against him for many years when I lived in south Texas, really a good guy. Prayers to the family

Comment

Looks like a 17 year old admitted to killing him. Charged with capital murder.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

I live outside of Jackson and work there, do not stay in Jackson, stay in Madison ( very safe), Brandon or Pearl good too, Clinton is ok, but better off with above.

Do not hang around Jackson at night either.

Comment

Jacksons mayor's bio

Comment

Front page of Victoria paper yesterday. Saw he was from Edna, Ganado area. Sad deal, hopefully they throw the book at the killer. Another useless killing, more and more everyday. Like my dad says, what's this world coming to.

Comment

Working...
                                X