Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great read.

Comment

Thanks for sharing CB. That was an eye-opener for sure. I am glad to hear about the improvements that have been made. However it's very frustrating knowing that politics and the systems it creates are the biggest obstacle faced for doing what is right.

Comment

May she rot in hell

Comment

Very good read

Comment

Dope doctors

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            Back in the day, Oxycodone/Oxycontin was the miracle drug for cancer related pain. Around the mid 1990's, it was introduced to Physiatrists & Pain Management doctors who began prescribing it for acute chronic pain. There was no government regulation and the snowball began to roll downhill very fast. In 1997, I can only remember a few PM doctors in NOLA, BR, and Lafayette. By 2000, there were several dozen and the waiting rooms looked like a scene out of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

Purdue Pharma invested millions in DC lobbyists to make sure their advocates were taken care of and doctors were pushing their pills. FYI - Purdue has made over $31 Billion on Oxycontin sales

I meet with PM doctors weekly and the system has definitely changed for the better. Patients now have to undergo monthly urine drug screens and are only provided with a 30 day script. Unfortunately, all those former patients
            who were strung out on Oxy are now resorting to heroin and fentanyl to continue their high. This is why we now have a serious epidemic of drug overdoses in America. From 16 yr old high school students to 55 yr old attorneys, heroin doesn't discriminate. Use it 1x and you can end up in the obits.
            I was fishing with a DR buddy of mine in lake charles and we drove past a parking lot filled with charter buses, and he started cussing and told me that the trip was canceled, because he was on call incase of emergency. He then explained that those bus's were full of people hired to go to PM clinics in Houston and NO , and that after they returned the ER would be overwhelmed with overdose patients! I was totally amazed at the time, but now days just shake my head in disscust
            And twice now I have had hydocodine pills stolen by the staff of one of my doctors when asked to bring in all my prescriptions sad times we are living in

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting & disturbing read for sure. My wife has fibromyalgia, for which there is no cure, only treatment. It is at times extremely painful, so she had to get set up with a PM clinic for a while. She cursed the pill poppers every month as she had to load all meds to take with her to be counted one by one every single month, and also provide a urine sample. She is tough/stubborn, and doesn't take a lot of meds, but after the newest young hipster dr at the clinic basically told her that the fibro was all in her head, she is done with the PM clinic. He's lucky she only told him what she thought of him.... She met with her primary dr about her disease, and now goes that route for PM. It has been much more convenient for her. She would prefer to not have to take anything, but that just isn't happening with her pain level. The former PM clinic tried several times to put her on Oxy, but she said no way in heck she was taking that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                May she rot in hell
                Agreed. I'm very glad they decided not to put her in prison after the car accident that caused brain damage. Saved the taxpayers millions of dollar right there.

Comment

I just read it...everyone should!!

Comment

tagged

Comment

Just to make things clear, I work for several pain management doctors and NONE of them are handing out any drugs

There is a group of low life's who are labeled as pain management doctors that are about as much pain management doctors as a spot lightin, .22 shootin road hunting poacher is a hunter

It is a very good read though, I printed the article and plan to share it with several of them.

Comment

Bumping this thread since Netflix made this story into a 4 series documentary. called “The Pharmacist” ...

Series dropped today Feb 5 and can be watched whenever

Here’s the trailer .... It's a password protected Vimeo vid.
                        Click this ... https://vimeo.com/259967065

and then put in password parish180321

Edit: having trouble uploading trailer, just go to Netflix and search The Pharmacist... S1:E1 is called Justice for Danny

Unfortunately the opioid epidemic goes on everywhere and has effected lots of people including members of our own TBH family. Prayers sent for those who have experienced it first hand
                        Last edited by Cajun Blake; 02-05-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I have a cousin, who's wife just found out he's been taking pills their entire marriage lol.
                          Now he's getting a divorce.
                          People are so stupid

Comment

Bump for those wanting to watch a good documentary about ... Justice for Danny
                            Search Netflix for The Parish
                            Last edited by Cajun Blake; 02-05-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I think there a movie/ documentary on Netflix about this

It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                I have a cousin, who's wife just found out he's been taking pills their entire marriage lol.
                                Now he's getting a divorce.
                                People are so stupid
                                About 30 days ago a friend told me this story about a family member.

They are in their 60's and should be retiring and are horribly in debt. He and his daughter has been siphoning off money for their habit for years.........

Comment

Working...
                                X