No announcement yet.

Trophies you didn't kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the first buck i rattled up for my dad in south texas..well the first came in so fast my dad missed (140" 9pt) so he got the second buck...wide heavy 8.

my dad has his dads big 9 and bear mount from the Adirondacks.

im ok showing my fam stuff

Comment

I've got a Buffalo on the wall the my wife (girlfriend at the time) got me from a bar she was working at that closed, and a Zebra and Nyala that my parents gave me that they got from some friends that were moving. I've also got one of my grandads mounts that I inherited after he passed last year. Do I claim to have killed them? No. Do they add to my house until I can fill the walls with my own trophies? Absolutely.

Comment

I helped a gentleman move out of his house and he had mounts everywhere. He told me to take it all. I took a dead mount of two canvasbacks as I have killed numerous amounts of them but never really considered mounting them. I also took a flying turkey mount with an average 9-10 inch beard, which I have also killed probably a couple dozen of. He had a bison head mount that I took as a gag gift for a buddy. The bird mounts I justify as it just saved me from ever having to pay to mount any of those. If people ask, I tell them where I got them. He had about a dozen whitetail mounts from the mid 140's to the mid 160's but I didn't take those as those are to specific character-wise and don't really care to have someone else's deer hanging from my wall.

Comment

Hides. yes. Shoulder mounts or Euros, no.

That being said, I can forsee the possibility one day that I may need to take in my father's mounts but they will be all together in a memorial type display.

Comment

If it was my dads yes otherwise no.

With exception I did buy an axis rug because it was pretty and cant afford a hunt of my own LOL

Comment

I don't see a problem with displaying mounts of any origin as long someone isn't trying to claim they killed something they didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                I don't see a problem with displaying mounts of any origin as long someone isn't trying to claim they killed something they didn't
                Agree ^

Comment

Theres a dude named Matt that lived/lives in the Katy area that has a wood duck drake I shot mounted on his wall. Three came in and being he was kinda new I let him shoot first. He dumped the hen which was good with me cause I knew which bird was the drake, swing squeeze and boom my bird hit the ground. Dog brought the drake back first and he jumped for joy....FIRST WOOD DUCK!!. I along with the 2 other people tried to explain to him he killed the hen and he wouldnt believe us. Ive shot piles of them so he took it.

Why rain on the dudes parade right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                    I don't see a problem with someone with a full body elephant in their house claiming they shot it at full charge with a .177 cal pellet gun. If its in their house, they can tell all the stories they want.

Comment

Years ago my mom found 2 big S Tx looking deer at an estate sale and brought them home. I promptly brought them to The Corner Shoppe and sold them for some weekend money. Family Member's mounts would be one thing, but not random persons.

Comment

Originally posted by antlercollector View Post
                        i only have mounts that me and my family have killed. I wouldn't want one that i just bought. They are trophies to me, not house decorations
                        ^^^^^ this

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Theres a dude named Matt that lived/lives in the Katy area that has a wood duck drake I shot mounted on his wall. Three came in and being he was kinda new I let him shoot first. He dumped the hen which was good with me cause I knew which bird was the drake, swing squeeze and boom my bird hit the ground. Dog brought the drake back first and he jumped for joy....FIRST WOOD DUCK!!. I along with the 2 other people tried to explain to him he killed the hen and he wouldnt believe us. Ive shot piles of them so he took it.

Why rain on the dudes parade right?

Right.

Comment

I have a male and female pheasant mount, a lynx, and a whitetail mount in my collection--all shot by my Grandfather. They sold the land and ranch house I grew up hunting in and the taxidermy was left to divvy up amongst those that wanted. Great memories.

Comment

Mine or my family mounts yes others nope.I did buy a WT hide once that came from a 300lb northern deer that is really nice.I have a couple euros from King Ranch that I picked up myself while hog hunting there many years ago.I gave away the largest axis deer hide I ever killed to the ranch manager where I killed it.The guy turned out to be a real ****! I am still ****** about that one.

Comment

As evidenced by some posts in this thread, sometimes the journey a piece of taxidermy took to get to you is as interesting a story as a hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X