What is my dog??? Long read....sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is my dog??? Long read....sorry

Ok calling all the dog gooroo's and help of the GS. This is one of my dogs Daisy, she is 3 years old. We got her from a rescue shelter here in Houston when she was a young pup of about 4 months old. The shelter just had he labled as a hound mix and couldn't tell us what breed. We took her to the vet after we got he and our vet at the time didn't know either just saying she was some kind of mix something or other lol. Anyways she's 3 now and still don't know exactly what she is but leaning towards a ridgless Rhodesian. She is an awesome dog and really smart. A little about her temperment to help with the GS opinions.....smart, very loving and family oriented always wanting to be close, very home and family protective. Great with young kids, follows commands, will play fetch for hours it seems and returns and drops every time, she sings and howels to music and certain songs (almost like a baying howel....but not like my bloodhound). She energetic and lazy at times. She hates cats, coons and pigs and will run them any chance she gets but comes immediately to a hault whe I yell to come, and I don't hunt her or have ever trained her to hunt. I do take her to the lease but I have to watch her close or she will take off after pigs, squirrels etc. She seems to have a good nose one her too. Shes medium slightly muscular build about 55 60 lbs and very agile. She also is reddish in color, has a little darker red line down the top of her neck the goes down her back with NO "ridge" (that's why im thinking ridgeless rhodesian) and a black mussel. Also she has quite a few black spotts on her gums in her mouth which the vet says her gums are heathy but could help with figuring breed type. Sorry for the long read. Hers are some pics....
    About 6 months old
    .Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378230917498.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	24984695
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378230996796.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	24984696
    Adult

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378231033126.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	24984697

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378231072708.jpg
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	24984698

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378231120498.jpg
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	24984699

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378231156866.jpg
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	24984700

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378231179169.jpg
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	24984701

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378231210532.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	24984702

Sounds like she has some cur in her.

Comment

little cur ..but shes beautiful whatever she is

Comment

She looks like a cur dog.

Comment

Easy...couch hound. I have 2 of them

Comment

my first guess is there is some cur in that dog

Comment

redbone??

Comment

can almost see some ridgeback in her but you never really know with mixes

Comment

Cur maybe some Vizsla

Comment

Best dog a man could own!

Azle

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                      can almost see some ridgeback in her but you never really know with mixes
                      X2

Comment

Its been driving me crazy over the last 3 years trying to figure out what she is lol.....the only Cur's I've ever seen have been a yellowish color.......could she be a red cur?? The only reason I was remotely thinking a ridgless rhodesian is because of the line on her back.....but she has no ridge?? I'm not familiar with rhodesians just read a little about them, also don't know much about cur's either. All I'd had growing up were labs. I now have this one, a bassett hound and a bloodhound now. Love hounds now

Comment

Defiantly some cur, and #1 on the couch potato. Beautiful dog indeed.

Comment

Get a DNA test done - not all that expensive these days! Vet can do it for you!

Comment

Looks just like a couch hog to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X