Post your Side x Side/UTV must haves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your Side x Side/UTV must haves

Got a new mule pro fxt a while back and almost have it to where i want it. First things added were the roof and windshield. Also, I used to be all about lighting up the night with lightbars everywhere. However, these days I hardly even use my headlights, so I added a green driving light and interior light. Pretty bright for such a small package and much easier on the eyes than the stock headlights. Pics make them a bit more neon than in real life though. I would like to see some other side by sides and utv mods that could give me some more ideas.

What brand light is the green driving light? It’s bad azz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope "dust" is on the list, because you are gonna have a bunch of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        That aint no lie!! I took off my windshield because of it. Love the green LED Lights

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          We have the exact same one as OP and dust hasn't been as big of an issue as I would have thought. Heat through the floorboard during summer is. I have to drive with the door open. I wish they had an easier door removal, jeep like, for front doors.

Comment

A few things I’ve done to mine are

Roof
            Lift and bigger tires
            Radio
            Interior lighting
            Front bumper
            Windshield

Things I plan to add.

I’m in the process of building doors so I can completely close in the cab. Yes the dust is pretty bad with the windshield on.
            High seat in the bed
            Maybe even a heater

Comment

That looks good. What brand are the green lights? Can you post a link to them?

Comment

I have found the majority of the dust comes in from the back. I know it sounds weird but the day I put a back (soft) windshield it cut the dust in half.

Comment

Lights that shine into and over the bed. I wish I had added some 1500 miles ago.

If you put a front winch, something on the roof to allow you to winch game into the rear

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought this 2016 Highlifter last month. Luckily, it came with the tires/loft/bumpers/winch/roof.

I’ll be adding a front n back windshield, a radio and possibly a little more lift.

May powder coat the front and back bumpers black and remove some of the stickers.. although it’s starting to grow on me.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                      That looks good. What brand are the green lights? Can you post a link to them?
                      They are rock lights I got off amazon. They seem to be really well built. About the only thing that could go wrong with LED's like this is water in the housing, but these are sealed really well. Id say buy with confidence, not to mention they are pretty cheap and you get 6 in a pack. I only used two, one up front, and one on the roll bar for inside and that is almost more light than i wanted. I almost bought some green led light bars, but those are big and bulky, I like how these are small enough no one will notice them. My goal was to get the least amount of light as possible while still being able to see what i need to and these are perfect.

Last edited by CentexRancher; 01-16-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ynotdrum View Post
                        I have found the majority of the dust comes in from the back. I know it sounds weird but the day I put a back (soft) windshield it cut the dust in half.
                        No, you are 100% correct. Not pictured in the photos, but i zip tied some thin plexiglass on the headache rack and now have zero dust. The windshield creates suction that brings in the dust from the bed and rear tires. What you mentioned works.

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        Bought this 2016 Highlifter last month. Luckily, it came with the tires/loft/bumpers/winch/roof.

I’ll be adding a front n back windshield, a radio and possibly a little more lift.

May powder coat the front and back bumpers black and remove some of the stickers.. although it’s starting to grow on me.
                        That looks like fun! I had to get a mule since I still need a bit of the utility aspect of the utv. But id love to have something like this or a maverick to run around in.

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                          No, you are 100% correct, not pictured in the photos, but i zip tied some thin plexiglass on the headache rack and now have zero dust. The windshield creates suction that brings in the dust from the bed and rear tires. What you mentioned works.

That looks like fun! I had to get a mule since I still need a bit of the utility aspect of the utv. But id love to have something like this or a maverick to run around in.
                          I’ve been hauling pigs n deer in mine and have hauled a trailer with it a few times. I don’t have a heavy “utility” use per se but this thing has been lots of fun and helps me get to the thick areas of my hunting spots.

Comment

Those are the same ones I bought. No issues so far. I’m going to buy some more for reverse lights.

Comment

Mule ProFXT

Added Tough Country Front Bumper and Texas-Outdoors Rear Hunting Rack

Comment

Working...
                              X