Question for the "Pop up Blind" hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the "Pop up Blind" hunters

How many windows do you leave opened? Been a while since I have used a pop up blind, and in the past I was busted quite a bit. But I think I was guilty of having too many windows open. The last 5 or so years been hunting a real ground blind and about 3 small windows are max before they start busting me. The ground blinds have been great and I think they contain sent better than pop ups, but just wanted to hear from some guy that are successful in a pop up. This is my setup I just setup a couple days ago, and pray the cows will not get in they to tear it up (pretty tough to get in to the brush)

Just 1 shooting window open and maybe a couple "cracked" open just for viewing. You want as little light getting in as possible. I even use a black shirt to put across my shooting window in a manner where I can still shoot, but reduce the amount of light entering.

Comment

Just few. The shooting window and a few others. I'm avoiding having new black holes show up when hunting. Get them use to the look.

Comment

Plan was just 1, but it is so hard for o not look around. Sent is may main concern, been hunting real ground blind for a while. Have the hang managing the light.

Comment

Shooting window stays open all the time so they get used to it. Then one other window with the mesh up so I can see, that’s just how my current spot works

Comment

Keep my front shooting window open and the side ones cracked to look through. i also keep my windows that are open always open. I think it doesn't matter to much just make sure you're not silhouetted by any of the windows thats the biggest thing. I have pretty narrow shooting lanes though on most. On my wheatfield pop up I keep more of the windows open infront of me.

Comment

You need to get some flat black spray paint and paint the window flaps that you plan to have open when you're hunting. If you keep the camo flaps closed all the time when you're not there and then you open a window or two when you show up to hunt, then the deer will spook at the new black holes that suddenly showed up.

Comment

I keep the windows facing the wind closed.

Super important that there’s no airflow.

Comment

If your shooting a fixed blade broadhead you might consider opening the front window all the way and shoot thru the mesh. That's what i do.

Comment

One window. Shoot through mesh

Comment

I try to set them up where one window gives me a view of the area I need to see and shoot. I might open a small part of a second as a view window. For popups to maximize success the inside needs to be dark and the openings the least amount possible.

Comment

How do ya'll keep snakes out of them?

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                          I have sheets of plywood cut to a little smaller than the footprint of the blind in all mine and like it. I sit in those contoured plastic chairs with homemade foam seats for comfort And the plywood keeps the feet from digging into the ground and makes it instantly visible when shine a light when you get in in the dark if something is in there with you.

I open as few windows as possible NEVER more than half to keep a silhouette from occcuring. Usually the one I plan on shooting out of and two smaller corner windows is enough to get an idea of what going on around me.

Comment

Dig a shallow trench where the perimeter edge of the blind will sit. Set the blind in it then fill back in with the dirt from both sides. Seals it off, keeps the snakes out and helps with scent also.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                              Dig a shallow trench where the perimeter edge of the blind will sit. Set the blind in it then fill back in with the dirt from both sides. Seals it off, keeps the snakes out and helps with scent also.
                              This is the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X