Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your weirdest encounter while in the stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a few experiences that were neat. Have had hawks and an eagle hit duck decoys. One time while duck hunting some specklebellies get up in the field & out of nowhere a hawk slammed one of them. Just happened to be watching that bird. They both crashed to the ground & I guess it saw me jump up to look & the hawk took off. The speck kinda just wobbled there for a minute & shook then took off ASAP. One of the neatest was while turkey hunting in full camo had a wren land on my chest & worked his way to my beard. Little guy was doing its best to pull a hair out. It tried 2 or 3 times & then flew off.
    Last edited by DUKFVR; 09-15-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
      I was bowhunting up close to the road when this truck comes roaring up brakes squeal doors slam.
      woman yelling get the F out of here
      guy yelling get in the G D truck
      goes on awhile then truck goes tearing off
      10 minutes later truck come roaring back
      guy yelling get in the G D truck B tch !!!
      women F U Get the H out of here
      this goes on for a while till I get fed up
      I yell out get In The G D truck get the F out of here I'm trying to
      F ing bowhunt over here
      both doors slam and the truck tears out of there Lol
      Now that's funny!!! Great story

Comment

I was dove hunting with my father in law opening morning a few years ago. A big hawk swooped down and picked up is mojo decoy, wings going and everything, and flew off with it. It was by far the funniest thing I've ever seen while hunting.

Great thread by the way!

Comment

Couple years ago while huntin at San Angelo state park I was sittin in my tripod. It was still early in the evening when a covey of quail came in to the corn I had thrown out about an hour before. They were going to town cleaning up the corn. The whole time I wish I had a shot gun instead of a bow. Anyways I was sittin there watching them eat and chase each other around when out of no where they took off running into a patch of prickly pear. Then about 30 seconds later a hawk swooped in and landed in a dead mesquite tree right above the prickly pear where the quail took shelter. It set there for a few minutes and then it flew down. The quail all flushed which startled me like always and all but one flew away from me. The one Lonely quail flew right at me. The hawk picked that quail out and flew after it and snatched it out of mid air a couple feet from me. Coolest thing I had seen. Wish I had a video camera going. Not exactly weird but really cool to see. That's part of the reason why I enjoy being in Gods country. Not everyday do you get to see Mother Nature in action like that

Comment

I was young probably 5th grade and hunting alone in a tower blind during rifle season. It was morning and well before daylight. I was half asleep cold and waiting for the sun to come up. I hear a loud thud and then lots of very loud rustling on the roof of the blind. Not having spent much time alone in a blind I'm trying to figure out whats running around on the roof. I'm finally decided its not an alien or demon and it must be a bird of some sorts (I had a big imagination when I was young). The rustling stops and I drift back to sleep. Then I'm awakened by the loudest most terrifying shrill bloody murder sound I've ever heard. I come out of my chair and starting screaming back. Screech Owl got the best of me that morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastornado View Post
              Now that would be in interesting fella....don't think I would want to share a lease with him though! HaHaHa
              What's wrong with tanning?
              When I had an apartment with a tanning bed I didn't Actually glow in the dark.

I had hogs tear up a Doe I shot, charged me twice and didn't Leave till I ran arrows through 3 .

Comment

Had a bobcat walk up and start clawing a stump about 5' from me last season. We both looked at each other and poop'd....

Comment

Nothing as interesting as y'all's, but hunting in South Texas, I've seen several illegals passing through. I've also had several birds land on the blind window; had deer walk within a few feet of me. I've seen a few mountain lions in the brush as well. A buddy was hunting around Cotulla and saw a bunch of monkeys running in and out of the sendero.

Comment

I was in a tree stand in Ohio and a woman came jogging down the road and made a quick 90 degree turn right toward me into the woods. She got within about 20 yards of me looked all around but never up and dropped her yoga pants and relieved herself in both ways.

Comment

Dezgirl and Texastornado would be fun to hunt with. They have a sense of humor, but still know enough to call out the "manly men" they are hunting with haha. They probably have more experience than most of the guys taking them it sounds like. Some of you single guys on TBH should take notice

Comment

Not weird, but last year I had a hummingbird square off with my dove mojo. He kept coming back until I picked it up to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          Dezgirl and Texastornado would be fun to hunt with. They have a sense of humor, but still know enough to call out the "manly men" they are hunting with haha. They probably have more experience than most of the guys taking them it sounds like. Some of you single guys on TBH should take notice

Uh maybe they married.

Comment

Hunting in Utopia at my old lease 4 years ago. Sitting next to an old rotted blind in a pop up. I'm half asleep when the other half starts screaming. A mouse jumped on her leg, she jumps, it runs up her arms, and jumps in the corner of the blind. Dunno who was scared more, the mouse, her, or me from all the screaming.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                              Not weird, but last year I had a hummingbird square off with my dove mojo. He kept coming back until I picked it up to leave.
                              I just had the same thing happen last week! Haha pretty fun to watch

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                                What's wrong with tanning?
                                When I had an apartment with a tanning bed I didn't Actually glow in the dark.

I had hogs tear up a Doe I shot, charged me twice and didn't Leave till I ran arrows through 3 .
                                I wasn't referencing the tanning part.....but the bikini wearing part! HaHaHa

Comment

Working...
                                X