No announcement yet.

Kinney County Cam Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gander, are you still hunting on the Coates ranch? Is that ranch also called the Spanish Gourd ranch?

Comment

Thanks again for all the info guys.
      bmoore, those are some nice deer, are y'all feeding a lot of protein? Have you tried locking your blinds, or will that just **** them off and lead to broken doors?

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
        Thanks again for all the info guys.
        bmoore, those are some nice deer, are y'all feeding a lot of protein? Have you tried locking your blinds, or will that just **** them off and lead to broken doors?
        Thanks. This past season was the second year on the lease and were on the MLD level 1 program last season and will move up to level 2 this coming season, we have been feeding protein this offseason (28,000 pounds so far on 5,000 acres), so the bucks seen in the pictures are all low fence from native habitat. Our goal is to properly manage the herd and provide protein in hopes of growing some 150's, 160's and 170's. Only time will tell. I finally took my blind ladder down and hid it in the brush, so I guess they could chunks some rocks at my blind if they wanted to.

Comment

That's $6750 in protein so far this year, wow!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
            That's $6750 in protein so far this year, wow!
            You got that right!!! Divide it by 12....makes it easier on the wallet. Plus all the Cold Beer we drink while slinging feed bags! Good Times!

Comment

bmoore,
              You said NW Kinney county, are you north of Hwy 90?

Comment

Originally posted by bearkat2004 View Post
                Tilden, we hunt off of tularosa as well!! do you know what ranch you hunted?
                We owned 1149 acres that was part of the "Grass Valley Ranch". It was broke up in 2006 and sold in 800-1200 acre parcels. Sold it in 2008. I do miss hunting up there. It was about 1-2 miles north of 334 on the left side of the road. Beautiful country.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Those are some great deer. TildenHunter, where is Tularosa Rd? brzo23, we are down toward to Spofford off of 131, I guess you are north of Bracketville? We were down there a couple of weeks ago and things looked pretty good, need to get back down soon and get everything set up. Hope they got some rain down there this week.
                  Make a triangle with Uvalde, bracket ville and then up north you have 334 cutting across and Tularosa road is up there. 15-20 miles WNW of B'Ville.

Comment

Some nice bucks

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                      We owned 1149 acres that was part of the "Grass Valley Ranch". It was broke up in 2006 and sold in 800-1200 acre parcels. Sold it in 2008. I do miss hunting up there. It was about 1-2 miles north of 334 on the left side of the road. Beautiful country.
                      That whole side is HF now, some beautiful exotics, I hunt just past Grass Valley next to the Davis & Wilson Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by bearkat2004 View Post
                        That whole side is HF now, some beautiful exotics, I hunt just past Grass Valley next to the Davis & Wilson Ranch
                        Very nice. It is very pretty land in its own way. I do miss it but we had a good offer and had to take it. At least I got to shoot a nice buck before we sold it. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Freak View Post
                          Hey gander, are you still hunting on the Coates ranch? Is that ranch also called the Spanish Gourd ranch?
                          We hunted the Spanish Gourd from 2006 thru 2010. Moved next door for 2011 and WOW what a difference. Here's my 148" buck. There were several others that were definitely nicer - a 166", 183", 156" and more.
                          Last edited by hammer63; 07-19-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

bmoore,
                            You said NW Kinney county, are you north of Hwy 90?
                            Yes Sir, north of 90.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                              We hunted the Spanish Gourd from 2006 thru 2010. Moved next door for 2011 and WOW what a difference. Here's my 148" buck. There were several others that were definitely nicer - a 166", 183", 156" and more.
                              Man that looks bigger than 148". Love that big basket. Beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Freak View Post
                                Same one! We hunted it from 1990-2003? Absolutely loved that place

Comment

Working...
                                X