Possible option to prevent gun violence on school campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
    Quit glorifying it and keep it off of the **** news. All these little sick turds want is attention and they’re getting it.
    This is what experts on Mass Murders are saying. Sensationalizing these acts are breeding copy cat killers. This latest POS was following something similar to Columbine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      This is what experts on Mass Murders are saying. Sensationalizing these acts are breeding copy cat killers. This latest POS was following something similar to Columbine.
      In the movie G I Jane there is a Navy captain talking to a senator on the phone as she is complaining about people standing on a public roadway have taking pictures. His response is appropriate here. He said there is no problem doing that,...... “just trim a little fat off the Constitution”.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the filth our youths have access to. Video games, Movies, TV shows and Music are polluted with violence.

I agree with others that God needs to be brought back into schools and Society in general.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

I have never understood the “they have enough to worry about” stance.

What are they worried about when they hear gunshots in the hallway?
          Every managed a classroom with 25-27 5 year olds?

My wife is veteran teacher...probably one if rhe best teachers in the satae ( and i am not biased) and she thinks a gun in the hands of teachers is a bad idea. Or at least on the little kids campusess.

Comment

any of ya'll old enough to remember when we brought our guns to school (deer rifles), mounted in the back glass of our pick-up, no one was stolen from, and no one got shot!

so what's so different now.... hmmmm lets see if we can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post

My wife is veteran teacher...probably one if rhe best teachers in the satae ( and i am not biased) and she thinks a gun in the hands of teachers is a bad idea. Or at least on the little kids campusess.

Respecting your wife’s opinion- what does she believe is the solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                Respecting your wife’s opinion- what does she believe is the solution?

It’s bad...and as the current crop of parents pop up....only worse. Systemic is the word she uses.

As a believer she affirms that Jesus is truly the ultimate answer but because we live in a broken world...broken studs happens. Honestly..school administrators and local governments have the ability to participate in a lot of proactive measure, but are more focus on tests and football scores.

Comment

There are many schools in Texas where teachers are already armed.

Again, if the teacher has the right mindset it should be a viable option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm not sure about all of them but I know for a fact in our area some of the alternative schools you get sent to if your caught with drugs on campus, fight too much etc have metal detectors. They're already in those schools.
                    Why can't we have them in all of them? I'm all for freedom but this is a recurrent problem. They are going to say it costs too much but seriously looking at the small community of tbh who that has kids(or doesn't) wouldn't donate to help this cause if that's truly the issue. I don't have an answer as there is no perfect one but this is our kids generation shouldn't we be the ones responsible for protecting them? Heck why not have a community of volunteers that are trained that rotate and work the metal detectors (I know that would open a whole new can of worms) but they could be trained, have background checks etc. And would cut down on cost. We can get volunteers for PTA, crossing guards, band mom's etc. I'm pretty sure we could get a crew willing to go through whatever trining they deemed necessary and a background check to man a metal detector and wouldn't cost the schools a dime. It wouldn't fix it 100% but would definitely be a deterrent. I'd volunteer for my community pay my own training etc. Im sure the response would be large enough they'd have to turn people away

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    This.

It should be impossible to access any school building without going through a manned metal detector.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      There are many schools in Texas where teachers are already armed.

Again, if the teacher has the right mindset it should be a viable option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      I agree...I told her a m4 above the door and teachers trained to man their room and theirs only...

I think with proper training a qrf could on each campus would squash this because the ones doing it are cowards.

Then again teachers ain’t what they were 20 years ago either she said

Comment

It's a man made problem. Totally..
                        The causes of these school shootings are to many to list, and the solutions to the causes/problems will never be allowed to take place I today's society.. It just will not ever happen.. Society will not let it..
                        This country is circling the drain.. Is it the best country there is? I guess it is at the moment but we are losing ground fast and it cannot be stopped because the sacrafices and changes that it would take to make it happen are impossible to accomplish in today's society, in the This country... We did this now we have to deal with it.. Is anyone really surprised?? I'm not. Not anymore.

"Regulation" and intentional "lack of regulation" of the important things are the number 2 and 3 causes with horrible parenting being the no.1 cause..
                        2+3 fall on the lawmakers, judges and attorneys feet..

None of the above will ever change so we had better figure out how to turn schools into fortresses because this is only get worse and that's just the Grimm reality..
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 05-20-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

So why is the US the only developed country with this widespread problem?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            If a kid can’t be trusted with a gun by time he is a Sr in HS then you have bigger issues. Both my boys have their own safes in their rooms.

No kidding? You mean bigger issues like shooting their classmates?

Your boys probably aren’t going to shoot you a school, but I’m with Kuma. If you own a gun, be responsible. Lock it up. I’m all for holding adults responsible for what minors do with the guns they own.

Comment

It’s bad...and as the current crop of parents pop up....only worse. Systemic is the word she uses.

As a believer she affirms that Jesus is truly the ultimate answer but because we live in a broken world...broken studs happens. Honestly..school administrators and local governments have the ability to participate in a lot of proactive measure, but are more focus on tests and football scores.

I hear you.

But if you asked her what does she suggest, what is her idea?

Comment

I completely respect your wife’s opinion and career. It takes a special person filled with patience and desire to do it correctly. Many teachers are angels walking on the Earth.

We shouldn’t make a determination for every classroom in every school based on a room of 5 year old children however.

The what if game.....

What if a teacher at Sandy Hook had a concealed weapon and could have ended it 20 children earlier?

Comment

Working...
                                X