South Houston Public Rifle Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Houston Public Rifle Range

I'll be in Manvel for the holidays and was wondering if there's a public outdoor rifle range out to 300+ yards in the surrounding area. Thought about bringing a couple rifles and taking one or two of the other guys to the range for a afternoon.

Been here all my life. Baileys house of Guns is close and not a long distance place. Maybe 25 minutes west there is a range.
    A private range in Pearland has 200 yards I think.
    If you find a place let me know.......................

Comment

There is a place called bayou rifle club or something like that with a 1000 yard range but you have to be a member, not open to the public. Maybe you know someone that might be a member by chance?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

The way the Houston area is building and spreading out these ranges are getting more difficult to find without a drive.

Comment

Only public range I’m aware of is South of Houston in Texas City. Not sure how long they have rifle range wise but they do have sleet and trap that’s fun for groups

Andrew

Comment

American shooting center is on the west side and has a 300 yd range. I am a member at the Pearland shooting center and it has a 300 yd range. I may be able to take 2 out there as guest depending on dates.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              There is a place called bayou rifle club or something like that with a 1000 yard range but you have to be a member, not open to the public. Maybe you know someone that might be a member by chance?

Sierracharlie out…
              I am a member here. It is a 1000yard range and they are constantly running F Class matches. So it only leaves the 100 yard range open 90% of the time. The only other place would be Baileys to go and shoot that is public.

Comment

American Shooting Center on the west side (in George Bush Park) goes out to 600 yards. You will need to qualify at 300 yards before you are allow to shoot at the farther distances.

Comment

Working...
                X