My illinois buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My illinois buck

Well I made my trip to Ilinois this year with High expectations from the trail cam photos that we were getting. It was the gun season and with only three days to hunt it started out pretty slow that Friday morning, with only seeing a couple of does. Saturday was a much better day with several does and right at dark a very nice buck walked out right at dark. I am shooting the Savage 220 20ga with Remington 275 saboted slugs. As I sat there and watched him darkness fell without a shot fired.
    Sunday rolled around we are in the blinds with high hopes of seeing one of the large bucks we had been seeing on the cameras. Morning came and went with very little action and we decided to stay in he blinds instead of going to mid day lunch. I sat there hoping to see something and at 12:30 I looked up to see one of the Bucks we were hoping to see crossing the middle of the field at around 125 yards, I about fell out of my chair trying to get turned around to get a shot.
    I got settled in and pulled the trigger he crouched and turned and ran the opposite direction and went out of site. I texted my son and said I think I just shot the largest buck I have eve shot, after I calmed down and waited about 20 minutes I couldn't stand it any longer I got out to see if I had made a good shot or not.
    I walk out to where I shot him at and there was blood so I followed it to the fence line where he was laying 20yrds on the other side. I could not believe the size of this buck he had thirteen score able points and weighed 221lbs. I received his score from the taxidermist the other day and he scored 174 1/8" I was floored and I am so blessed to have shot such a majestic animal.
    Attached Files

Waydago
    What a great buck

Comment

Brute...congrats!!

Comment

Awesome Buck!!

Comment

Score sheet

Here is his official score
          Attached Files

Comment