Cottonseed usage and price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed usage and price?

Once the deer get on it, about how much cottonseed can I expect them to go through per feeder per month? Central Texas, fairly high deer density.

Also, what would be considered a good price per ton?

We are in Menard county and have a high deer density. We start feeding cottonseed at the end of December and feed it through the end of August along side our protein/corn feeders. They really hammer it from the end of December until Spring green-up (have to refill every 3 weeks). If we get good rain early Spring and have a lot of native forage, then the feeders will last a little longer (around 4-5 weeks). If the deer are stressed (late Winter and summer time), they eat the heck out of it.

Comment

Thanks. How big are your feeders?

Comment

They are built out of 2”x4” fence wire and wrapped in a circle about an 24” diameter or so. It holds about 300lbs.

Comment

how much is it per ton?

Comment

Lots of good info on this thread

Comment

Cotton seed will run you approx $200 per ton

Comment

I am verifying a price, but it's cheap this year. Running around $135/ton in Nolan county. I'll let y'all know for sure when my brother texts me back. We're converting a grain trailer to use it to feed our cattle this winter.

Comment

Working...
                X