Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post
    Those are some nice deer!
    real nice for public land. especially given that we only had five days to scout it, hunt it, and shoot the deer.

Comment

Great kills! Maybe I missed it but were they archery or gun kills?

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
        Great kills! Maybe I missed it but were they archery or gun kills?
        i shot mine with a 7mm rem mag. palehorse got his with a shotgun if im not mistaken. the other was with a gun i presume but not completly sure. i was on a bow hunt too last year. out of about 60 guys there was only 1 buck killed. a real nice deer. the guy killed it on the last morning of the hunt. he said he hunted the same stand the whole time and that was the only deer he saw.

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
          i shot mine with a 7mm rem mag. palehorse got his with a shotgun if im not mistaken. the other was with a gun i presume but not completly sure. i was on a bow hunt too last year. out of about 60 guys there was only 1 buck killed. a real nice deer. the guy killed it on the last morning of the hunt. he said he hunted the same stand the whole time and that was the only deer he saw.
          Yea, I got mine with a 12 gauge slug. It's so thick there that a rifle is not really that big of an advantage. 50 yards is a long shot in most of the area I hunted. I also shot a cull 3 point and a hog.
          Brazos is right, it's a tough hunt that will test your woodsman skills to the limit. These deer are HEAVILY hunted. Last year, they had almost 500 hunters go through there, all hunts combined. If your idea of hunting is sitting in a box blind in an old office chair staring at a corn feeder, you will be dissapointed here. Most folks never see a deer.

Comment

Working...
          X