Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    You mean actual mining yourself? Or investing into companies that mine?
    Yes actual mining, investing into companies is way to risky, most end up with your money. Nicehash had a good thing going where you could point other people's miners at the pool/address of your choice, but they are down for the count at the moment due to the hack.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
      Yes actual mining, investing into companies is way to risky, most end up with your money. Nicehash had a good thing going where you could point other people's miners at the pool/address of your choice, but they are down for the count at the moment due to the hack.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
      I could see mining some of the up and coming coins but I'm not that tech savvy. I gave my brother a couple of PC's to give it a try. I'm trying to become the first "Alt" coin billionaire.

Don't look now but bitcoin is reaching for a new high.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        30% in a week sounds long term???
        Yeah, if it’s going to go north of $2 I’m holding it! I paid $.22/each

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
          Yeah, if it’s going to go north of $2 I’m holding it! I paid $.22/each
          Rub it in...

In the week and a half it took me to get on Bittrex it exploded. If the tech is worth anything it will only grow.

Comment

Really wishin i put more in btc at 9k... dang it..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Really wishin i put more in btc at 9k... dang it..
              Never thought I'd agree with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                So trying to add my debit card to Coinbase this morning they advised I would receive 2 small charges against my card and I needed to enter those amounts. Sounds easy, right? Well they applied 3 charges to my card and evidently trying to guess which combination of charges to use I exceeded the maximum number of entries for the day so I have to try again in 24 hours.

This is so **** stupid. How can it be so difficult? I can plainly see that even the guys who've been doing this a little while have trouble.

Well I started trying Monday before last when LTC was about $100. Last Saturday, I think, I finally removed my account info and added it one more time. I basically said to heck with it and waited a couple of days to even look at my bank account for the charges. Here's what I finally figured out....if you're trying to link your debit card, there should be 1) one charge between $1.01 and $1.99, 2) a $1 deposit, 3) a $1 charge, and 4) a second charge between $1.01 and $1.99. Now the key is...use the 1) and 4) of my description...the first charge and the last charge. But ONLY enter the numbers AFTER THE DECIMAL. DO NOT ENTER THE 1 or the decimal point...ONLY THE CENTS. It will immediately link your debit card.

If you're trying to link your account using your routing and account numbers, enter your account info and wait until tomorrow just to make sure you have the correct charges to verify the account. When I entered my routing and account numbers, CB showed two deposits to my account within several minutes. They were both $.05. I did not use those. The next day, I looked at my account and there were two deposits of different amounts. I think they were $.07 and $.14. I entered 07 and 14 and it worked.

Comment

It's a real pain to get going but once you do it's pretty smooth sailing. I'd also recommend getting onto the Bittrex and Binance exchanges to get alt-coins down the line.

Comment

Anyone using the App HODL? So far I've been able to add all my alt-coins to see how they are doing in real time.

Comment

This is fun.. I am having fun with this.

I've already made back the initial 'investments' i put in.. and as i had figured, and i guess even hoped a little for, im wishing i had put in more at that time...

I'm going to hit LTC and Ripple a little harder.. - maybe pad BTC a Little more.. and pick up some ETH (I sold all i had thinking i knew what i was doing..)..
                      Still thinking long term.

Got the ledger nano -s figured out and got the majority of my coin on that hardware wallet - which is a pretty cool piece of technology. (although, i wish they had one APP that does all the different coin connections... kind of a PITA having to close the wallet app and open another wallet app, reconnect, authenticate, for each different coin wallet.
                      Also, not pleased about the fees associated with the process of transferring currency from and between the exchanges- but i get it... **** aint free, man.

Comment

Anyone using the App HODL? So far I've been able to add all my alt-coins to see how they are doing in real time.
                        I use cryptocompare.com .. allows me to add all my purchases using the rates at the times, and does real time PL for your entire portfolio in a summary and per currency

no phone app.. but the website is mobile optimized

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          I use cryptocompare.com .. allows me to add all my purchases using the rates at the times, and does real time PL for your entire portfolio in a summary and per currency

no phone app.. but the website is mobile optimized
                          I saw your post on that and plan on setting up an account. The HODL app just allows you to see what's happening with your coins in real time on the market. Don't know if you can set up alerts yet.

Comment

I think I'm done with sending bitcoin to other exchanges. Last three cost over $16. That's just throwing money away. $50 that could have bought more ripple.

What kind of fees are you seeing with the Nano Ledger?

Comment

I saw your post on that and plan on setting up an account. The HODL app just allows you to see what's happening with your coins in real time on the market. Don't know if you can set up alerts yet.

I’m using crypto pro on iOS. It allows you to put in your portfolio and add when you add. It keeps of the date of transactions. Only thing I wish is that it had a website to sync with.

I didn’t see that HODL kept up with your portfolio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
                                I’m using crypto pro on iOS. It allows you to put in your portfolio and add when you add. It keeps of the date of transactions. Only thing I wish is that it had a website to sync with.

I didn’t see that HODL kept up with your portfolio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                HODL seems pretty limited. I just use it to keep an eye on the coins outside of the big three.

I need to check out Crypto Pro.

Comment

Working...
                                X