LED conversion kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED conversion kits

I know there has been multiple threads about this but I thought it’d be best if I started a new one. Question is my wife’s 2015 expedition has led fog lights but not the headlights..so I’m looking to convert them over. In my little bit of research I’m only finding bulb replacements which because of some of the other threads have me concerned. I’m willing to spend a little more money on it to do it “right” but not sure how to do this. Anyone have a little insight for me? Much appreciated.

You may need to do the housings to ensure proper light disbursement

Comment

Thanks lawhunter. I just cannot find the whole housing package all I have found are bulb replacements running from $30 - $200+. I can’t quite understand the real difference.

Comment

That’s weird. I just used google and got a bunch of results.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2482.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24568064
        I just added bulbs to my 2018 F150 and got good results. As stated in the thread I started, I did have to adjust my lights down to not blind oncoming traffic. And the light output is better than stock and have tested with smaller vehicles and no blinding. Depending on the exact housing your vehicle has, your results may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just make sure she has protectors already. If you buy replacements like spyder or building you might want to add a little extra sealant around the edges. Carid has a good choice too.

Comment

Thanks guys, I’ll look at these options and see what works. Bowonly I’ll go back and look through your thread I was really concerned with blinding other drivers as I get blinded sometimes with the factory leds sometimes. I want better light & looks for her vehicle but not at the expense of oncoming drivers. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Buy quality built LEDs and factory reflectors can work well.

Check out headlight revolution on YouTube. They tested the Morimoto 2 stroke 2.0. I put them in my ram 2500 and haven’t been flashed yet. They’re much brighter than factory as well

Comment

Great information on that video, thanks RingKing. I think we are headed in the right direction. Appreciate the input!

Comment

Working...
                X