Axis at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis at night

Anyone ever hunted axis at night? Do they run or freeze when a light hits them? Or anyone have some good NV or thermal set ups? Farmer wants them thinned out as they are destroying the wheat but only coming in at night.

Yes GW is aware already and he is on board.

Let me tag along I have plenty of night hunting experience! lol

Comment

About the best way to hunt them. Sometimes they freeze and sometimes they run but definitely best way to hunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
        About the best way to hunt them. Sometimes they freeze and sometimes they run but definitely best way to hunt them.
        X2

Comment

Curious on this, as I have heard GW love the Axis excuse. Not saying your poaching Deer, but have heard the GW near Fredricksburg will burn you up for it.
          Last edited by Radar; 12-24-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
            Nice!!!! So couple cordless lights and some ammo and go to work!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Curious on this, as I have heard GW love the Axis excuse. Not saying your poaching Deer, but have heard the GW near Fredricksburg will burn you up for it.
              Doesn't really matter what the GW thinks. If your not breaking the law, your not breaking the law. When hunting axis at night, what is he going to burn you up for?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                Doesn't really matter what the GW thinks. If your not breaking the law, your not breaking the law. When hunting axis at night, what is he going to burn you up for?
                X2

Plus if I shoot them with a suppressed thermal set up, I won't wake up half the county

Comment

Just common curtesy to let him know so he doesn’t drop his family dinner to come looking at a call for spotlighting from nieghbors.

Comment

Shot several after dark!

Comment

Two of my customers told me that they were on private land, spot lighting axis. GW came in and stripped their truck down and acted like a jack wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                        Just common curtesy to let him know so he doesn’t drop his family dinner to come looking at a call for spotlighting from nieghbors.
                        Yes I know. My response wasn't directed at you.

Comment

Ive killed a few with a suppressed 22 at night. They are like any other animal. Some stand there and others will walk away or run. I just shot slickheads and did it at night so I could be effective with my time and effort.

Comment

I use my thermal riflescope. they can be kind of nervous. Before I bought this thermal scope, I used a green light, at about 75 yards away, I squeezed the trigger, dry fired (Yes I forgot to put a round in the chamber) and they all took off from the sound of a dryfire.. I was sick..

Comment

Yes I know. My response wasn't directed at you.
                              All good!

Thanks for the info guys. Gonna try this next week a few nights. Anyone off next week with a good thermal or nv set up?

Comment

Working...
                              X