SWFA SS 12x42 Mil-Quad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWFA SS 12x42 Mil-Quad

I am looking at purchasing this scope for a 308 for hunting and target practice out too 600-800 yrds. What is the GS opinion on this set-up?

opps should have posted in "other side of the Ranch" maybe someone can move it.
    Last edited by mrduxs; 05-21-2018, 01:04 PM.

I have it, it's a great scope, good glass to the edges, nice firm clicks on the turrets and feel sturdy in the hand.

Comment

I have the fixed 10 and love it for the price.

Comment

What height rings are you using? And any suggestions on brand of rings. I will be running 20moa pinn base.

Comment

I have the 3x15 x 42, im using a picatanny base and tps low rings. SWFA scopes are fantastic for the money

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
            I have the fixed 10 and love it for the price.
            I have one of these scopes. If you hunting with it also I would get the variable model.

Comment

I have the 10X, 12X, and 16X. They are great scopes for the money, but if you’re going to be target shooting at 800yds on a regular basis then I’d recommend a little more magnification. But if you’re going to be hunting with it too then I recommend something with a lower magnification too. For anything from 50yds to 1000yds, a 6-24 or 3-21 would be better.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input

Comment

I only use LaRue rings these days. Ultra-lows work on a bolt action; on something with a long rail like an AR you'd need mediums.

(Yes, the rings cost 2/3 the price of the scope.)

Comment

Working...
                  X