PinPoint Peep Sight?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PinPoint Peep Sight?????????

Has anybody seen these around or used one?? What the GS say on about this peep?

Just looking at it, I think accuracy would be better served if you went to a single pin

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
      Just looking at it, I think accuracy would be better served if you went to a single pin
      I bet you are right. I have seen it a couple times but was curious if anyone else has. With a multi pin sight I would think it would be nice and could increase accuracy but it would also be a little bit bigger than normal and more weight on the string. I like having multiple pins at preset yardages but don't like the clutter. I have gone to a black gold 3 pin accent for this season and really like it.

Comment

here is the website

Comment

ttt

Comment

I see a lot of potential problems with it.

First, a peep sight traditionally is round, because the eye and brain wants the circles to fit together. A probably sized and aligned peep will forma circle around the sight housing and your eye and brain will want those 2 circles to fit neatly together, which allows for consistency.

Also, the riser pin he has in there forces you to change the alignment for every distance and it removes part of the sight picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

Also, the riser pin he has in there forces you to change the alignment for every distance and it removes part of the sight picture.
              This is my question. Is that the concept to set the pin on top of the peep sight bar?

Comment

Yes, according to his video. If you have to do that, your sight housing is no longer centered.

If the peep was the back point and the sight was the front point, it might not matter, but the back point is your eye.

Comment

Working...
                X