Premier Ranch, Mason Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premier Ranch, Mason Texas

I right this review with some hesitancy. This ranch is so good I don’t know if I want the word getting out. Premier Ranch, in Mason TX, is one of the best ranches I’ve ever been to. Now with that being said, the staff there could not have been better, I wanted for nothing & at the end of the hunt I felt guilty because they treated me so well.

I was on this hunt for, culls and does & the first hunt all I saw were Trophies and wet does. No deer were harvested on the first night of the hunt. So we went back to the lodge and was treated to a steak dinner that I would have paid high dollar for at any steakhouse in Texas. The rest of the night we spent around the great fire place on the patio sharing good stories.

The next morning we were taken to different blinds then we had hunting the night before. Not ten minute into the hunt, even before I could see due to the sun not being up yet I could hear corn popping. Once there was enough day light to see, I see a 170 class typical standing at the feeder. How I didn’t spook it I’ll never know, it had to hear me crying. Shortly there after in came a barren doe, Jay my guide gave me the shoot signal & I did as I was told, Smoked it! Not fifteen minutes later, Mr 170 came back in and brought his 3 year old 4 point buddy with him. Again, Jay says “Shooter”. And once again I do as I’m told, Smoked! By this time I’m higher then Lindsay Lohan on a Saturday night. But wait here comes another solo doe & the “Shooter” sign comes up again from Jay, Rage to the ribcage! Now mind you, I’ve shot 3 deer and still haven’t tracked any of them and there is still more deer standing in front of me. We get word at this point that Dustin, my friend and other hunter has got two deer down as well. OK it’s time to start collecting our deer. After 30 minutes of tracking and dragging my three deer, Dustin shows up and he’s managed to shoot another one, bring his total to 1 cull buck and two does, the same as what I’ve shot. So six deer in one morning hunt for two hunters, not bad in my book.

Well time to get to work, not. Jay and Jed start gutting and quartering our animals?! Never, I repeat, never have I had anyone do that for me, now I’ve done this for people on numerous occasions but never had it done for me.

So in closing if you only book one hunt this year make it with Premier. If not just for culls, for Trophies, I saw several deer near the 200 inch mark and they were all typical not the usual head exploding non typical freaks.

I met them at the hunters extravaganza. they seemed like great folks to be around. glad you had a good time.

Comment

Nice shooting and review Mike!

Comment

Great review and congrats on filling the freezers!

Comment

Congrats Mike on the freezer fillers.

Comment

I spent a lot of time on the Premier, my dad lived there on the ranch for years. Of course this was when it was still owned by Karlos Bill Kothman. It was one of the most beautiful, diverse properties I've ever had the pleasure of roaming around on. Glad yall enjoyed your hunt.

Comment

Just out of curiosity what did the hunt cost you?

Comment

Right now they are working up a price on cull hunts. I can't give you one but the numbers they were throwing around, I plan on taking my 13 year old our there and turning him loose. Also the prices they were looking at wouldn't cover a good hotel room & their lodge is 5 stars in my book. Give them a call before they get all booked up.

Comment

Awesome and congrats!!

Just curious here. Were the deer that tame? Or just an abundance?

Comment

Abundant They have a lot of deer! The place hasn't really been hunted in years

Comment

Use to pass right by there on the way to my old lease, always heard they had some monsters.

Comment

Premier is a super ranch, been on it many times. New owners just took over this past year, before that the Lassiter family owned it. A good friend of mine managed it up until 3 years ago. It has been hunted every year right up through this past hunting season. Not sure why the new owners would be telling people it hasn't been hunted in years, especially with the deer numbers and quality they have. Google Johnny Manzel's buck from last season it came from the Premier. They raise great deer, exotics, and have an unbelievable lodge.

Comment

awsome!!!

Comment

I'm booked Oct 31 for a management bow hunt. I cannot wait

Comment

Anything beside whitetail? Looking for a cow elk around Mason, Brady, Junction area

Comment

Working...
                              X