anyone here been published?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone here been published?

Most exciting thread of the day award right here!!

I would love to get some education articles written and published but I don't know what avenues I need to go down. So here is me reaching for some thoughts.

Here I am giving some thoughts......had one, but lost it.......

Comment

I've just had my master's thesis and papers given at conferences published. I've never had anything published in book/magazine form. Are you looking to paper publish or e-publish? I know there are some avenues whereby Amazon will put out content that you self-publish.

Comment

ID some peer reviewed journals and submit your paper(s). They'll let you know if it made the cut, then they'll return it with edits/comments. Review can be brutal but don't get your feelings hurt....just part of it.

Comment

I was published in a peer reviewed professional journal.

I'll edit what TxArcheo said, ID where you want to get published, research their submission rules, and follow them closely.

Reviews can be brutal. Don't fall in love with your own words.

Comment

I had an article in Bowhunter Magazine years ago.

Comment

Does Texas Trophy Hunter Magazine count? That's all I got.

Comment

If you are wanting to be published in educational journals then the comments above are the way to go. Get peer reviewed.

If you just want to have your work out there then Amazon has a great site for publishing your own work.

This is my short fantasy story on Amazon. Notice my avatar?

http://www.amazon.com/Dram-The-Fire-.../dp/B00EWPT6UO

Comment

I've been showcased in several editions of Texas Sportsman. You know, the black and white pics in every issue. Don't worry I haven't let the fame get to me.

As far as publishing articles.... I would reach out to the editor of the periodical that grabs your interest.

Comment

Mister B (Wayne Bethard) is a published writer, many times.

Check it out:

He used to write a column for The Outdoor Journal.

Comment

In 1998 I wrote a piece on late season deer hunting in east Texas for Texas Sportsman magazine. Think I got paid around $500. Put a lot more than $500 worth of time into writing it, submitting, then getting it shortened enough to be published, but it was a source of pride.

It is framed on my cabin wall at my deer hunting ranch.

Decided to wait until retirement to try it again, given how time consuming it is.

Comment

Me--back in 1968 when I did an independent study project in college -- waterfowl survey in NE Arkansas. Results published in "The Migrant". Of course, all I got out of it was a grade--my prof may have gotten some $ though.

Comment

I was in Deer and Deer Hunting years ago on the Question and Answer section.

Comment

I've published research a time or two in peer reviewed journals. Where are you trying to publish? Are you looking to publish research or more of a story/book type of publication?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              Does Texas Trophy Hunter Magazine count? That's all I got.
                              Better'n me. Does a police report count?

OP, good luck. I know it's an accomplishment to get published.

Comment

Working...
                              X