Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I'm just wondering about this whole clearing brush and moving stands in the DCNF thing.
    Well technically I hunt private land that butts up to the DCNF. All the same work, less rules.

Comment

Originally posted by dummble View Post
      Well technically I hunt private land that butts up to the DCNF. All the same work, less rules.
      Private land with immediate access to thousands of other acres? That's a helluva deal.

I was just picking at you, by the way. I kind of figured you weren't actually doing any of that in DCNF.

Comment

Already been in the woods just about every weekend. Put the hammer down on some hogs Saturday. Checking out some new places this year.

Comment

I predict more hunters than ever in the woods this year. Out of the 6 cameras we are running, 2 were tampered with and one was turned off last weekend. I done posting about these woods in public forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
            I predict more hunters than ever in the woods this year. Out of the 6 cameras we are running, 2 were tampered with and one was turned off last weekend. I done posting about these woods in public forums.

Yeah I've noticed a lot of traffic. Seems like there will be a lot more hunters as if there wasn't enough. Not to mention the ones that just show up randomly during season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hows the camping out here? Wife and daughter wanna go camping so im set for oct. Gonna go put some time in and wanted to hear input on camping and decent camping locations.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Yep ppl posting on the internet about public land are just inviting more people. I'm done too. Anybody that does anymore ain't the brightest star in the sky. All it takes is a google search with a few key words and anything u said can and will be used against you.

Comment

Agree with the above comments. I'm guilty of this and have seen the negative impacts as well... Social media has ruined many great Hunting, Fishing and Arrowhead spots for me in the past few years. It's enjoyable to be able to share with others, but it definitely comes at a price.. Spending years stomping around the Backwoods to find that magical spot, only to have someone behind a computer screen slide in without breaking a sweat.
                  It would do us all some good if we kept things a little more tight-lipped amongst public forums. Unfortunately there's not much left to the imagination these days..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                    Agree with the above comments. I'm guilty of this and have seen the negative impacts as well... Social media has ruined many great Hunting, Fishing and Arrowhead spots for me in the past few years. It's enjoyable to be able to share with others, but it definitely comes at a price.. Spending years stomping around the Backwoods to find that magical spot, only to have someone behind a computer screen slide in without breaking a sweat.
                    It would do us all some good if we kept things a little more tight-lipped amongst public forums. Unfortunately there's not much left to the imagination these days..

If sharing deer pictures from the DCNF on social media were a crime you'd be on death row right now.

It's a shame too because it is fun to see those.

Lay low for a while, give the fair-weathers time to burn out and you'll be fine.

Comment

Thats why i said blue tongue got em. Folks wag their tongue until its blue and the good spots get crushed. I have a few i would really enjoy sharing right now. Nah better not.

Comment

DCNF is some big property though. Everyone knows the deer are there just don't give out too many details about your area when sharing. I have shared info with Ambush but I know guys like him have put in the time and at time we may help each other. Just gotta be careful who you share with and how much

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Thats why i said blue tongue got em. Folks wag their tongue until its blue and the good spots get crushed. I have a few i would really enjoy sharing right now. Nah better not.
                          Haha, Ya I picked up on something to that effect by your last comment Steve... With the internet and all the forums these days its near impossible to keep anything a secret for long.
                          Just look at what Trinity white bass fishing has become. If you plan on fishing certain spots you better be there early and don't forget your boxing gloves!

Comment

Well ive always hunted the Sam for the past 9 years.... My first year here i shared some pics got chewed out in private messages and never posted a pic again. Ive decided to up my roots from the Sam because like most of yall am trying to avoid pressure and would like a change in scenery. That being said other than maps and hunt stand app i don't know a lick on boundries and rules of hunting this region. ... Any insight....

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                              Well ive always hunted the Sam for the past 9 years.... My first year here i shared some pics got chewed out in private messages and never posted a pic again. Ive decided to up my roots from the Sam because like most of yall am trying to avoid pressure and would like a change in scenery. That being said other than maps and hunt stand app i don't know a lick on boundries and rules of hunting this region. ... Any insight....
                              Only Insite I have is you won't avoid the pressure or people. More people than ever right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by BW96; 09-02-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Haha, Ya I picked up on something to that effect by your last comment Steve... With the internet and all the forums these days its near impossible to keep anything a secret for long.
                                Just look at what Trinity white bass fishing has become. If you plan on fishing certain spots you better be there early and don't forget your boxing gloves!

Lots of pinoak acorns up there this year

Comment

Working...
                                X