Gryffindor bow give away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gryffindor bow give away

I made this bow out of Osage and Padauk a few months ago. I call it "Gryffindor" because it reminds of Harry Potter, who was in Gryffindor house. I even made a bow sock to go with it that matches the Gryffindor scarves in the Harry Potter movies.

Although it turned out to be a pretty bow, I think, it's got some problems I just couldn't work out. I don't know if I shaped the handle wrong or what, but the string slaps the wrist pretty good, which I guess isn't much of a problem if you've got a good arm guard.

The other problem is that it's got a lot of hand shock, and it goes "boing!" when you shoot it. I played with the tiller some and put silencers on the string, but it still has some hand shock and noise.

But it's too light for hunting anyway. I kept it for a while just so I'd have something for show & tell when people come over, but I've gotten to the point that I'd rather somebody get some enjoyment out of it rather than it just sitting on my wall. So I'm giving it away.

Here are the specs:

62" ntn
    30# @ 28"

Whoever wants it is going to have to pick it up at my house on a Saturday or a Sunday since I'm working out of town during the week lately.

If nobody wants it, I'll give it away on Craigslist.

If you do want it, post a comment as quick as you can before somebody else does. I'm going to give it to the first person who says they want it unless somebody else comes along with a really sad story and convinces the first person that they should have it instead. Please don't say you want it unless you're ready, willing, and able to pick it up from my house in north Austin TX on a Saturday or Sunday.

The bow sock comes with it, by the way.

Very nice!!

Comment

I would love to have it,but your too far away.

Comment

i will be passing through Austin tomorrow if WTC3 backs out.

Comment

WTC didn't say he wanted it, Wylde, so it's yours. I'm going to send you a private message with my address and phone number so you can let me know what time you'll be coming through.

Comment

I guess it don't have to shoot good when it looks that pretty!

Comment

It is very pretty.

Comment

That's a beauty Sam... I hope the new owner appreciates your hard work.

Comment

Nice bow Sam and nice gift.

Comment

Wish i wasnt late, would like to have a nice one to shoot!

Comment

Good looking bow and awesome gesture !

Comment

Beautiful bow and very generous.

Comment

That is a very nice bow. If wylde didnt get it I'm in round rock.

Comment

Wylde came and got it today. Thank you all for your kind words.

Comment

Thank you again Sam!

Comment

Working...
                              X