Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the broken bows around lately I guess this was destiny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the broken bows around lately I guess this was destiny!

I went out to shoot the 3D shoot at Austin Archery Club today. There was quite a few trad shooters and it was a beautiful morning. I pulled my longbow out first and shot the course with a couple others and had a great time. I shot well and decided to get my recurve out and shoot a second round. We walked up to target number 1 and another group of trad guys was shooting at target 30 just a few yards down the road. I walked down to talk to a few friends and see how their day was going. While standing there along the side of the road, a pick-up truck came driving down the road to exit the range. As he passed by us I felt my bow tick against his truck. Before I could even react, the bottom limb tip somehow got wedged in the small gap between the cab and the bed of the pick-up and he was dragging me down the road. I yelled and he stopped but it was too late. The damage had been done and the fiberglass in the curve of the bottom limb had been cracked. OMG!!!!!! I could not believe this. I have stood on that road and watched 1000 or more cars go by me over the years and have never even suspected that this scenario could have ever happened. This was not his fault (he was a friend of mine) nor mine really. I think it was just one of those freaky things that happens sometimes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cracked Recurve 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	24903406

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cracked Recurve 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	24903407

Oh well, I have a REALLY good friend of mine who is a bow builder and I'm sure he will fix me up with a new set of limbs. The problem is that it really takes a long time to become one with a bow and train it to do what you want it to.

I think I will go cry now!

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 06-10-2012, 02:09 PM.

...Mmmm. Just MMMmmm.

Comment

Ouch!!! Let the tears flow...

Comment

I think an investigation is in order, was there horse play involved. speed limit exceeded, were the pedestrian walk ways clearly marked, '
        we need to call sackett, he will need the practice

good thing you wernt hurt jerry

Comment

No investigation needed Jeff! Everything was on the up and up. It is just sad when these type things happen.

BTW, how did you shoot in Waco yesterday?

Bisch

Comment

Wow, glad you weren't hurt, at least physically.

Comment

BTW, how did you shoot in Waco yesterday?

ok. 223, but an interesting thing happend friday morning, it was my first day off and something clicked in my mind and i started shooting better, the TP has been on my back for a couple of years now but friday morning when i woke up a said to my self
              " SELF your gona shoot like you use too."
              so with that said, at the waco shoot the fives i had were all high or low in line with the 10 ring, the improvement has started and now solid practice and it's allmost time to get the hunting arrows out....thanks for asking..

Comment

that stinks!!

glad your ok.

Comment

Ouch !!!!!!

Man that sux for ya, but I bet Bob will get ya fixed back up soon.

Real glad you weren't hurt in the process.

Rick

Comment

Sorry to hear that. That could have turned out real bad if he didn't hear you holar.

Matt

Comment

Dang Mr. Bisch! Sorry this happened and glad your not hurt phsically! However, even though you may be a celebrity Trad Guy, you can't take your share of the road out of the middle!!!!

Trick

Comment

I thought for sure your longbow had finally give it up!

Comment

Dang, Bisch, I'm really sorry that happened. Bet your buddy driving the truck feels terrible.

Comment

That's terrible! But like everyone said glad it was just the limb and not you!

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                              Dang Mr. Bisch! Sorry this happened and glad your not hurt phsically! However, even though you may be a celebrity Trad Guy, you can't take your share of the road out of the middle!!!!

Trick
                              Hey Matt, did you see this? He is finally catching on!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X