Homemade 700# Protein Gravity Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade 700# Protein Gravity Feeder

Wanted to share pics of my new Gravity Protein Feeders. Built 2 of these for $130. Purchased 2 Galvanized lids, 2 Galvanized Funnels, 4 - 55 Gallon Barrels and a 5# box of welding rods. I had all of the pipe that was used.

These were designed to be broken down for easy transport.

Here are all of the parts on the ground.

This is all of the parts assembled and Painted.

Daniel

those are really nice thanks

Comment

Should work.

Comment

Those are some great looking feeders.

Comment

First off it looks awesome, the only thing I can see that may wear you out is lifting 50# sacks of protein up about 6 feet even when you are on the platform. May want to extend that platform up another couple feet to make filling it easier.

Comment

Interested in selling one of those feeders?

Comment

Stins - I agree... We were just talking about that last night. I am taller so it doesnt bother me but my friend is shorter. I was thinking of a bolt on option.

TXdeerhunter - Might be interested if I was not taking them to the lease this weekend. Just for grins what would you offer for one? I could always make more. : )

Comment

tubes look a little low. Do you remember how far off the ground they are? The legs might also stink a little being that heavy so they might get even lower. Are you going to put a small piece across the bottom of the feeding tube to keep the feed from pouring out or does the feed stay right at the edge of the tube on its own?

Comment

The tube on this one is a bit lower (33") than I wanted but I might have the wrong down tube in this one. I was shooting for 37 inches from the ground. The groung where the feeder is now is very soft. I have a couple pieces of plate that I will use as a footer to keep them from sinking.

Its hard to see in the pic but there is a small plate over the opening to stop the feed from falling out.

Comment

EMAIL me with a price and we can see if that would work out or not. I can tell you about the pricing on some of the ones that we have looked at so far.

Thanks

Comment

can you e-mail me the pics, I can't see them on here due to a firewall. Thanks

danpow1973@yahoo.com

Comment

Just out of curiosity...how did you attach the barrels? Did you weld them or what? I am looking to build me some this weekend kinda like your idea.

Comment

Just curious....but do you guys weld the barrels together or band them to make them join?

Comment

The barrels are just banded together. WE filled the band full of silicone and strapped it on. Then ran a bead of silicone on the inside seam.

Comment

Ok....another dumb question. I am guessing you used a standard barrel band correct? Any problems with winds breaking them apart once together? I was considering welding them but if the band holds weel enough I would just do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X