Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

220 Swift

I need help with my Ruger 220 Swift
    Let me start by saying I am not a gun expert, not even close. so I apologize for any dumb questions.

I have a Ruger M77 220 Swift, I bought it off of another TBH'er.

I want to put a Boyds stock on it...when I go tot the boyds website it asks questions I don't know the answers to

Long Action or short action?
    How do I measure the LOP?

If I gave some of you guru's the serial number could you get me the proper information?
    I just don't want to order the wrong stock.
    Any help would be appreciated, and again, sorry for the amateur questions.

Thanks
    David

I'm not a Ruger guy but the swift is generally & in this case most likely a short action.

You measure LOP from the front (finger end) of the trigger to end of the butt or butt pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      I'm not a Ruger guy but the swift is generally & in this case most likely a short action.

You measure LOP from the front (finger end) of the trigger to end of the butt or butt pad.
      this x2 most likely your LOP is 14 to 14 1/2 inches depending on type of butt pad

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
        this x2 most likely your LOP is 14 to 14 1/2 inches depending on type of butt pad
        I’m going to respectfully disagree unless the OP is from 6’2” to 6’4” tall. The industry standard LOP for rifles is 13.5” which generally fits most people. Starting with a 13.5" LOP for a person 5'10" tall, you add / subtract 1/8" for every 1" taller/ shorter a person is than 5'10". If person stands 5'8" tall, then you would subtract 1/4" from 13.5”. If person is 6’0” tall then add 1/4” which would be 13.75” LOP. Hunting conditions and worn clothing can also affect proper LOP.

Comment

Yup...14.5 is a big guys sporting clays shotgun LOP.

You want to be able to squeeze & snug into a centerfire long gun in various positions & generally need something a little shorter.

Comment

Also take an account of the amount of clothing you are wearing when you are hunting.

Comment

Thanks Guys,
              I measured and it is closer to 13.5"
              But you guys are confident on the short action part?
              Thanks

Comment

definitely short action

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                  definitely short action
                  Yep. Your name fits this thread pretty good

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X