First one out of the new shop...28 Nosler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First one out of the new shop...28 Nosler

Took a couple months longer due the contractor taking his sweet *** time on my shop but finally polished this one off. My shop lighting kinda sucks in spots since I haven't gotten the white paint on the walls yet so I threw one of my wife's sheets on the tailgate for contrast. She obviously dug that...haha Turned out really nice I think. Left handed Stiller Predator with a Proof Sendero finished at 26" before brake. Iota Kremlin stock and the guys at horizon firearms did a nice job of inletting. PT&G Oberndorf canoe bottom fit in tight and nice and the Jewell breaks perfectly as expected. Shooting 195 Bergers at 2970 right now and I'll try to get some groups in the next day or so after a touch of throat break in. On chambering a Proof barrel, I made s couple of Delrin lined sleeves to protect the barrel but as long as you have smooth brass shims to hold, that carbon is pretty stout. Just used the sleeve on the outboard for the jacking bolts. I built what the customer wanted but, in my humble opinion, this rifle is a little light for the caliber choice even with the Nightforce on top and it'll rock you some when you shoot it but the look of the rifle came out pretty slick I think. I'll get some better pics and close ups as well
    Attached Files

looks real good brother .... you a south paw ?

Comment

Thanks Blake. Nah, customer is and I kept trying to put the bolt in wrong...haha

Comment

That looks great. How do you like that Kremlin stock? I’m thinking of using one for a future build. I have held a few at Horizon they seem really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
          That looks great. How do you like that Kremlin stock? I’m thinking of using one for a future build. I have held a few at Horizon they seem really nice.
          For the money they're a nice stock. I still prefer a McMillan or Manners and the texture on them but the customer couldn't find what he wanted in stock and he didn't want to wait. I will say that the guys at Horizon did an overall very nice job inletting the action and barrel contour. I had to do a touch of sanding right at the end of the barrel channel but that was me being picky as hell. I'll be working on a couple programs for my Haas mills to give inletting a shot but that'll be down the road a bit.

Comment

One wicked witch there!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                One wicked witch there!
                Love that 28 Nosler.

Comment

I’d love one just like it ! Pm me cost please.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Very nice!
                      Thanks Mr. S.

Brett, PM sent on my numbers. I don't build many (mostly for friends and family) and defer most builds to APR as it's not my day job. I don't have any affiliation with them other than a 338 they built me a few years back that is an absolute hammer and their pricing is extremely competitive. Jimmy, Jason and the crew are a good group.

Comment

Very nice, that's my plans for a "next" build. Will be a little down the road due to funding.

Do you recall the finished weight without the scope?

Comment

I didn't weigh it afterwards but I can get it. It ain't much...

Comment

Working...
                          X