Needing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing help

Literally every time I practice shooting my bow my sight tape changes by 5 yards. One time I'm high, the next time I'm low. I can shoot 25 arrows and my sight tape is sighted in. The next day I'm shooting 5 yards high, adjust sight tape accordingly, everything is good. The next day or 25 arrows later, I'm shooting 5 yards low and have to adjust sight tape again. This is constantly back and forth, back and forth, for over a month now. Sight is solid and I shot it all last year, with no problem. I did change my string and peep, but both seem solid. Using Hamskea VersaRest, it seems solid. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Check your anchor

Comment

Davik, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm positive that my anchor is always the same.

Comment

Reads like a form issue.

If not anchor, how ‘bout grip? Pushing more into the bow in one session vs. another?

Maybe film yourself for a few different shooting sessions to see if you can see any variations at all?

Comment

what about temps you have been shooting in especially with the cold lately. I have seen hows shoot hot and cold from different temps.

Comment

Might want to check peep sight if anchors are good

Comment

All of these are good ideas, but it is hard to say without watching you shoot. Something about your form is not consistent. Add head tilt to their list, too.

Make sure your rest and sight are not tight - ie, are they snug, but still could be bumped out? Are you using a fall away? Wearing a big coat one day and a thin coat the next?

Lots of variables.

Comment

Thank you to everyone that took the time to answer me. I bought a new rest, and all is well again.

Comment

Working...
                X