Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
    ....and the horsepower.
    10-4! I can get it all for 4k or a little less. It seems to be a really good deal. Thanks again for all the input. It was very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyO View Post
      okay...this is helpful. I guess he is honestly mistaken on the year...but it looks in real good shape.
      Understandable about John Deere model numbers, they have so many numbers sales and parts can't keep up with it. Year doesn't really change values on that old of a tractor.

Comment

Just need to be careful with the small 30 series John Deere Tractors, (I worked for John Deere for 17 years). Deere had a few Tractor factories besides the ones in the USA, a lot of those 30 series were Sweden built and parts were really hard to look up, I had a special parts catalog that I used to look up parts. If you can get the serial # and take to your local dealer and ask him to check it for you and tell if it's a Sweden built. A lot those tractor were purchase by TX Dot and used to shred the sides of the highways. PM me if you want and I can tell you more. The bigger 30 series tractor are awesome. 80 hp and above.

Comment

Buy and flip it

Comment

Buy it

Comment

Originally posted by Cheque View Post
              Just need to be careful with the small 30 series John Deere Tractors, (I worked for John Deere for 17 years). Deere had a few Tractor factories besides the ones in the USA, a lot of those 30 series were Sweden built and parts were really hard to look up, I had a special parts catalog that I used to look up parts. If you can get the serial # and take to your local dealer and ask him to check it for you and tell if it's a Sweden built. A lot those tractor were purchase by TX Dot and used to shred the sides of the highways. PM me if you want and I can tell you more. The bigger 30 series tractor are awesome. 80 hp and above.
              10-4 He mentioned it was built in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                Buy and flip it
                Not a bad idea! But I think I would keep it for awhile until I learn more about what my needs are at my ranch. I did I have in mind that I wanted 4 wheel drive and a front end loader.

Comment

Good deal right there, the older ND were nice tractors, you might can add a loader later.

Comment

Is the seller a Tractor Jockey? Do you know if the tranny is a Hi-low and does it have any hydraulic remote boxes?

Comment

Ask him if you can put a few hours on it before you make the deal that way you can get all the fluids hot and a little load on the engine.

Comment

Ask him if you can put a few hours on it before you make the deal that way you can get all the fluids hot and a little load on the engine.
                        This is a really good suggestion and I'd recommend you do just that.

Comment

I really trust the person selling it. He is 81 and doesn't need the money and is selling his place to live full time at his home in Plano by his children. All good suggestions and sounds like this is really good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheque View Post
                            Is the seller a Tractor Jockey? Do you know if the tranny is a Hi-low and does it have any hydraulic remote boxes?
                            No and no...I don't know that info. I really don't know much of anything when it comes to tractors.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyO View Post
                              10-4! I can get it all for 4k or a little less. It seems to be a really good deal. Thanks again for all the input. It was very helpful.
                              Buy it, then put trailer (assuming you already have one) and implements you don't need in the classifieds.
                              I'm guessing you can still add a front end loader to the old ones? Do that with the cash and you'll have everything you need at a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                                Buy it, then put trailer (assuming you already have one) and implements you don't need in the classifieds.
                                I'm guessing you can still add a front end loader to the old ones? Do that with the cash and you'll have everything you need at a good deal
                                Good idea...the front end loader can be added for around 4k.

Comment

Working...
                                X