Fort Bend county hog program/control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Bend county hog program/control

I found this on Fort Bend counties website and thought it was interesting.

http://fortbend.agrilife.org/files/2...11-Hog-Out.pdf

I didn't see what the program entailed? Was there a reward of some sort for killing hogs within the county?

Comment

Originally posted by FISHUNTER View Post
      I didn't see what the program entailed? Was there a reward of some sort for killing hogs within the county?
      thats the reward

Comment

my buddy(TBHer) has been killing hogs out in Sienna for a couple weeks now. If there was a cash reward, I might have a little more incentive to drive out there and join

Comment

The problem I see, is the most of the hogs that are causing the damage inhabit areas that are protected. Example - George Bush Park. No sure what the best solution is? They cause lots of damage to Cinco, Kelliwood, Kelliwood Golf course, just to mention a few.

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
            my buddy(TBHer) has been killing hogs out in Sienna for a couple weeks now. If there was a cash reward, I might have a little more incentive to drive out there and join
            There is!

http://www.co.fort-bend.tx.us/event.asp?id=40516

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              That is cool. Thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
                Legally? I've been trying to do the same for some time, only not sure I wouldn't get in some kind of trouble if caught...

Comment

So what's the gig, just private property or are they opening up city/county land as well?

Comment

Originally posted by DBLHKUP View Post
                    The problem I see, is the most of the hogs that are causing the damage inhabit areas that are protected. Example - George Bush Park. No sure what the best solution is? They cause lots of damage to Cinco, Kelliwood, Kelliwood Golf course, just to mention a few.
                    Spot on

I looked thru the link and tried to find details about the program, but about all I found was fluff. If they want to get serious about it other than getting a little publicity (about all I saw in that link) and some data gathering. They will get the right people involved and open up areas that are protected and loaded with hogs. Hate to say it, but typical government run operation...... Sad

Comment

Working...
                    X