Building a frankenbow??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a frankenbow??

Guys been tossing the idea around and really have no idea where to start. Wanting to find a way to get the new defiant turbo #2 cams on 80 lb limbs. I know the 2014 or 2015 spider turbo had an 80lb limb option is this something that could be a possibility??? Where do I start?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

start with a bow press and a dial caliper,, lots more to it than just limbs and cams,, like figuring out the string and cable length,,, that's not to hard if they have the same ata, and have the same axle diameter or if they are very close,, also the riser design can and does enter into the string and cable lengths, and the serving,,, if the bows use the same riser or same riser or length that can help, but the limb angle coming off the riser is also something that has to be figured in,,, both bows may be 31" ata.. but one could use a longer or shorter limb and a different angle from the limb pocket,, does one bow use a larger or smaller cam? string length again,,,,,

putting a bow together is not all that hard,,, making it right is the hard part,,, if you have a bow press and lots of time in can be fun,, if you do not it will be just wasted time.... and yes i have built a couple of franken bows,,, one is a whisper creek sweet demise running different whisper creek limbs, length and pockets were different,, the cams are ben pearson r2b2 , went from a single cam to a dual.. the other was a martin riser with hoyt cams and i can not recall the limbs now

Comment

I have no idea but I knew an old man that I swear would buy several bows, take them all down into pieces, start grabbing stuff and next thing you know he had something that would out shoot everything around.

He put the small Pearson Spoiler cams on a Hoyt Mako I had and it was a shooter

Like xman59 said, it can be done but takes a little figuring

Comment

These are pretty common over in AT. Think a guy just rigged up various Hoyt parts to build like a 96# rig. Putting 80# Wake limbs on Halons had a small following a few years ago. It’s an interesting idea.

Comment

Is it possible to buy individual bow parts and build a bow from scratch? Similar to how you can build a rifle?

Comment

Working...
          X