Thermal scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermal scopes

Thinking about one for some night time hog hunting. Ive never used one before ans know nothing about them. Any reccomendations on what to buy? I perfer quality over quanity and dont mind spending a little money on it if the more expensive oness are better. I do want it to record video. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have this one and I like it a lot!

Comment

For quality, go trijicon. The Reap-IR or the IR Hunter. Best image quality on the market. Not the biggest feature set compared to competitors but they do offer a dvr recording pack that can plug into the scope. No onboard recording however. Lots of others out there, I’d determine your price range first then look at models in that range. The aforementioned scopes will run 8k+ with the recording device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        I have this one and I like it a lot!

http://www.pulsar-nv.com/products/th...ht-trail-xp50/
        very solid scope for under $4500

Comment

When it comes to thermal price range varies from and $2500-10000... Narrow down "a little more money"

Comment

Like he said, what is your budget. Under 10K, Trijicon, under $5k pulsar.

Comment

Whether you buy Pulsar, Trijicon or Flir... you really can't go wrong. As said before, though, there's an extremely wide price range depending on what features/quality you want.

My only advice... stay far away from ATN.
              Last edited by BobbyJoe; 12-03-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

From my research:

Money no object: Trijicon...????

Money a factor but: Pulsar XP50

Want one but dang the money: Pulsar APex XQ38

Comment

Caught a 11% off deal @ optics planet and have a pulsar apex xq50 coming in today. Did a lot of research and decided I didn't need all the bells and whistles of the trail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kills-myth View Post
                    Caught a 11% off deal @ optics planet and have a pulsar apex xq50 coming in today. Did a lot of research and decided I didn't need all the bells and whistles of the trail.
                    Love the apex 50, one of my favorite units. It doesnt have all of the extras, but you can add them to it later if wanted.

Comment

Hit up Jason on here. (Outdoor legacy gear) . I would not buy from a big box or online because it will be hard to get any support if you ever have any issues.

Like others have said. Trijicon for the highest quality without a budget. Pulsar trail for quality at a reasonable price.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Comment

What is your budget? That is really the first question that we have to answer. So answer that and we can start from there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Get hold of Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear he will take care of you. I would suggest a thermal scope and a thermal monocular to scan with. Using the scope on your rifle to scan gets old real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas660 View Post
                            Get hold of Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear he will take care of you. I would suggest a thermal scope and a thermal monocular to scan with. Using the scope on your rifle to scan gets old real fast.
                            Just get the QD, makes it easy and cheaper. Although a monocular is nice to have.

Comment

If money is no object, there is stuff out there that puts trijicon to shame.

Best advice I have is rent a couple and try them out. I personally like to use a thermal for spotting because I drive around on big acreage at night until I find a sounder and then figure out the best way to get closer to them for a shot. So it makes sense for me to have a thermal with a bit of native zoom to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X