No announcement yet.

Hagerman Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I myself do not think the points do anything people with 3 not getting drawn people putting in the first year getting drawn with 0 I have been putting in since 1995 and I get drawn about every 5 years

Comment

I don't think everyone understands how a drawing works. Its chance 100%. If you buy 75 chances at a rifle and I buy 24 and joe blow buys 1 and they sold 100 tickets then the guy with 1 ticket in the hat still has a chance to have his name drawn before me or you. The preference points increase your odds but its not a slam dunk.

Plus I think that all these people saying they had 3 or 4 preference points are either mistaken or the federal government is manipulating the drawing to help out random people for no reason.

According to the refuge emailed list of preference points EVERYONE with 3 or 4 points got drawn EXCEPT for those that put in with a partner that had less points in which case the points are averaged together and then rounded down and from the way it was explained to me if this was your third year t put in you would only have 2 preference points 3 on the 4th year and 4 on the 5th year

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
        I don't think everyone understands how a drawing works. Its chance 100%. If you buy 75 chances at a rifle and I buy 24 and joe blow buys 1 and they sold 100 tickets then the guy with 1 ticket in the hat still has a chance to have his name drawn before me or you. The preference points increase your odds but its not a slam dunk.

Plus I think that all these people saying they had 3 or 4 preference points are either mistaken or the federal government is manipulating the drawing to help out random people for no reason.

According to the refuge emailed list of preference points EVERYONE with 3 or 4 points got drawn EXCEPT for those that put in with a partner that had less points in which case the points are averaged together and then rounded down and from the way it was explained to me if this was your third year t put in you would only have 2 preference points 3 on the 4th year and 4 on the 5th year
        It’s not 100 percent chance. 75% go into a true preference point system. The people with the most preference points get the tags UNLESS there are more people with that many preference points than tags. Then that group goes into a drawing for what’s left of the tags. Then the last 25% go into a random drawing that everybody has the same chance. Now if they go into the TPWD system it will be like you said a straight up draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
          It’s not 100 percent chance. 75% go into a true preference point system. The people with the most preference points get the tags UNLESS there are more people with that many preference points than tags. Then that group goes into a drawing for what’s left of the tags. Then the last 25% go into a random drawing that everybody has the same chance. Now if they go into the TPWD system it will be like you said a straight up draw.
          But ALL the people who ACTUALLY had 3 or more preference points and didn't put in with someone with lower points got drawn, or basically given a tag. (This means that they had put in for either the fourth or fifth straight year.) the remaining 25 % of the hunters with 0, 1, or 2 points went into the drawing together and every one of them has a CHANCE to be drawn.

By my simple country boy math 112 people got drawn from the pool of hunters with 3 or more preference points. That leaves 28 spots for the for the remaining 679 entries. the odds of your name getting drawn at that point are 20 percent if you have 3 points 13 percent if you have 2 points and 6 percent if you have 1.

I understand what youre saying that it is not a 100 percent fair chance drawing but it still 100 percent chance.

Comment

Points have no affect on the 25 percent drawing. But the people with “3”that didn’t get draw most likely actually have 2 points. like you said first year is zero so you have to apply for four years to have 3 points.

Comment

3 points should have got in, I was #165 no go.

Comment

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
                3 points should have got in, I was #165 no go.
                According to the Preference point info Gayle emailed out it looks like you only had 2 preference points.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                  Guess we got lucky. My son and I got C with 2 points. I enjoy the opportunity and the mystique of H but it has declined so much over the years. There are still some booners roaming around but just a lot fewer. I can say this, we will give it all we have for 3 days. I've never left early or given up until dark on Sunday! Good luck to all!
                  Actually we just had 1 pt. luckier than I thought. I think others are doing like I did, I was thinking I had a pt for every year not drawn, but the first yr after being drawn you're at 0, not 1.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                    Actually we just had 1 pt. luckier than I thought. I think others are doing like I did, I was thinking I had a pt for every year not drawn, but the first yr after being drawn you're at 0, not 1.
                    Yep. I'm at 2 instead of 3. I should draw next yr (4th yr applying without drawing) if they still draw using the same system but with tpwd taking over the draw who knows.

Comment

I’m in A

Comment

Working...
                      X