Unusual trad kills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual trad kills

Okay, I couldn't think of a better title, sorry. As I sit here, going through bowhunting withdrawals, I got to thinking about some conversations I've had over the past couple of years with folks about situations where they have killed critters with their bow that they might not otherwise have thought to go out to hunt, but the opportunity presented itself. We tend to share about deer and hogs, but what about that raccoon... or possum getting into your trash, or the armadillo rooting up your pasture. Has anybody on here taken a nutria with a trad bow????

Lets hear it!

I've killed a nutria with a trad bow before while bowfishing.

Comment

Most unusual thing I've killed with my trad bow is a Vervet Monkey.

Comment

I killed a armadillo at 4 yards with my Bob Lee last year, died instantly when the arrow went straight thru his head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found a red fox after leaving the blind a few years ago, lipsqeaked him in took him with my 55&28 thundersick. Took out a couple of skunks and coons. Missed both chances I've had on bobcat, but still waiting.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1461795238542.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24441413 I tagged this guy a few months ago purely by instinct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Does one of my Dad's prize registered Char-Swiss bulls count as unusual?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                Does one of my Dad's prize registered Char-Swiss bulls count as unusual?

Rick
                We need the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  We need the story.
                  Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    We need the story.
                    Yes the rest of the story.
                    BTW I got a head shot on a grasshopper on an intentional shot

Comment

Dragon fly in the air and prairie dog really far away probably missed a million times before making either shot

Comment

Ok a long time ago when I was more adventurous we were hunting a drainage ditch beside a new road in town but since it was new nothing was around, houses businesses etc. We were shooting bull frogs by flashlights.

Somehow I wound up in a LARGE drainage pipe. I was pushing a nutria to a buddy waiting at the far opening. Well the nutria saw him and came back in my direction. I was in about shin deep water and it was swimming back straight at me. It started hissing or making some kinda noise.

I was holding my flash light between my knees and getting the light on the moving nutria and drawing a bow at the same time was rough. I hit the rat in the chest. I had to shoot it 3 times before it died about 3 feet from me. I made a mountain man type hat out of it.

Comment

I've shot a few skunks, though somehow when I get back to camp no one is happy about it??
                          My first trad bow kill was a snake. We were living on the edge of a creek and there were plenty of water moccasins to practice on. I do know the difference in a moccasin and just a plain water snake, there were a lot of those too, but the moccasins were the targeted species.

Comment

Our house cat by accident I swear..

Comment

An armadillo. One of the best meals I have ever cooked...

Comment

Working...
                              X