The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
    Back in December I told this small local store to let me know if they got some TX Bourbon in. Today the guy called me and said TX just delivered some in small numbers to the Houston area. He got 3 bottles in at the store and put my name on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have tried 3 Texas whiskey/bourbons so far since moving here in January. TX Blended Whiskey (not the bourbon), Witherspoon bourbon and Herman Marshall bourbon. I liked them all, but think I like the HM the best so far. The last time I stopped at Majestic in Azle they had the TX bourbon but I was too cheap to try it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
        http://www.bourbonpursuit.com/ Episode 89 with Bernie Lubbers. A great in depth and concise lesson on learning how to read a label when buying a quality Bourbon.

"Blended whiskey is nothing but flavored and dyed Everclear" lol.

#staybonded. Buy Bottle in Bond

I listen to every one of their shows. I have not heard one I didn't enjoy!

Comment

Random score!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by .270; 03-25-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Elmer T. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Slow-n-steady View Post
              Willett rye. Darn good with lots of flavor. My new favorite for using in mixed drinks. Picked it up at Spec's.
              Far and away one of the best rye's I've had, especially for cocktails. Though I'd say angel's envy rum finished rye is a better sipper.

Comment

Visited a new Total Wine by work yesterday. They have Four Roses Single Barrel for $33 bottle.

Comment

just picked up these two..

Comment

I was given a bottle of this Wild Turkey Diamond Anniversary in a nice wooden gift box today for helping a friend obtain a bottle of OFC that was raffled off. He paid $2500 for the OFC!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5404.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	24490191

Name:	IMG_5406.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	24490192

Name:	IMG_5407.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	24490193

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      I was given a bottle of this Wild Turkey Diamond Anniversary in a nice wooden gift box today for helping a friend obtain a bottle of OFC that was raffled off. He paid $2500 for the OFC!

[ATTACH]847573[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]847574[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]847575[/ATTACH]

Ok I'll bite, is that brandy? And for 2500 there should be a poke thrown in

Comment

Picked up a couple bottles of these

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          Far and away one of the best rye's I've had, especially for cocktails. Though I'd say angel's envy rum finished rye is a better sipper.
                          Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                          Ok I'll bite, is that brandy? And for 2500 there should be a poke thrown in
                          No. OFC is a very fine vintage bourbon made by Buffalo Trace, the same distillery that makes Pappy; Blanton's; Weller; Stagg, Jr; Elmer T Lee; Benchmark and others. They sell for considerable more than he paid,. He got a deal!

There were only 100 bottles from 1980, I believe.
                          Last edited by Burnadell; 03-25-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                            Finally finished the bottle of basil Hayden's....Have to say it's not for me. Even as a mixer i didn't like it much and I'm not too picky on whiskey when mixing. My go to cheap mixer I'll do 1835, even Evan Williams by the handle for if it's a guys weekend and i know theyyl drink all my stuff

For sippers per this thread I've tried eagle rare which is really liked as well as angels envy that i also enjoyed. Eagle rare prob my favorite so far for a straight drink.

I enjoy whiskey like beer as in i like to try different stuff. I think i've tried about 1/3 of what I've read so far besides the really high end ones which is like to pick one up from time to time and hide away

Looking forward to trying a few next
                            My last bottle of Basil Hayden didn't make it two days. Good stuff in my opinion. I only drink it on the rocks.

Been hitting Rebecca Creek and Woodford reserve a lot lately. I'm trying to decide between Red Handed, Tin Cup, Rebecca Creek, Woodford reserve, or knob Creek tonight. Tin Cup is winning since I haven't had it before. Just need to put the 2yr old down for bed and it's whiskey time for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              No. OFC is a very fine vintage bourbon made by Buffalo Trace, the same distillery that makes Pappy; Blanton's; Weller; Stagg, Jr; Elmer T Lee; Benchmark and others. They sell for considerable more than he paid,. He got a deal!

There were only 100 bottles from 1980, I believe.
                              These bottles were not sold by buffalo trace. They were only given to charities for them to either raffle or auction off. Buffalo Trace put a value of $10k per bottle but none have come close to that in auctions, in fact I believe the first bottle auctioned off went for below $1k.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I like rock n rye

Comment

Working...
                                X