Stabilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabilizer

Wanted to get some input on what folks look for in a stabilizer?

I got a used barebones switchback xl and was wanting to get some accessories ordered for it. I planned to get a whisker biscuit and am still trying to determine which sight I want to go with, but I am not sure what, if anything in particular to look for in a stabilizer.

I appreciate any info.

Do yourself a favor and look into these few company's B Stinger, Vendetta, Stokerized. These 3 brands are IMO the best in the business and not exactly in that order. I have a 12'' 8oz B Stinger Pro Hunter and I didn't know what a real stab could do until I used this one. My fiancé wants the 8'' 4oz on her new bow this year. Vendetta has a really cool weight system and Stokerized has a cool offset adjustable one that's neat too.

Comment

I run a 8" stoker on my switchback, the bow holds very well with it. I used to shoot a 6" but prefer the 8" on that bow. the switch has a fairly heavy riser and the weight is centered to the bow so you need a longer stab with a little weight out front to really feel the benefits.

Comment

8" stokerized Hunter on my Z7

Comment

Before you buy a stabilizer you need to understand what a stabilizer is meant to do.

As a hunter I use a STOKERIZED SS1.

The Stokerized SS1 allows the archer to improve the performance of their bow regardless of riser torque induced from sights, rests, quivers, bow geometry, and hand pressure. The SS1 provides three adjustments to help you eliminate or reduce unwanted radical bow movements by positioning, transferring and distributing weight in and around the vertical axis of the bow.

Check them out.

Here is mine.

Comment

I appreciate all the information provided.

When picking which one to get, were you able to try the different lengths out at a pro shop or was there some sort of a formula used to pick the lengths you guys went with?

I am focusing in on one of the stokers which Csmith mentioned but with the price tag on them, I would like to make sure I get the correct one the first time.

Comment

I would think at a pro shop you would be able to try em but just like buying a bow, try em all if possible.

Comment

I pay more attention to total bow weight, especially for the mountains and some of the long walk-ins I do.
                I only use a 4" piece of aluminum turned straight up and use it as a carry handle. I find my hunting bow groups well at 70yds without anything. Again my purpose is to cut weight on a bow I may carry 2 to 4 miles each morning and evening in the mountains.

Comment

Working...
                X