No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is it strictly meat only, no fruits or veggies or any starches?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      So is it strictly meat only, no fruits or veggies or any starches?
      Not at all. We eat lots of veggies and some fruits in limited quantities.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
        Not at all. We eat lots of veggies and some fruits in limited quantities.
        What veggies can you eat, what's the portion size per meal?

Comment

Cholesterol Myth

Remember when we were told eggs were bad for us but now their healthy? Listen guys, I know its hard to understand we may be being brainwashed to be put on meds but...Here are a couple of videos to watch. Also. if your a Keto guy, this two are some of the best sources of info.

P.S. Get off those Beta Blockers...

Please Be Sure to Subscribe for 3x Videos Per Week!http://www.thomasdelauer.comHow to Lower Cholesterol: LDL vs. HDL- Thomas DeLauer...Good vs. Bad Cholester...

DR. BERG'S D3 & K2 VITAMIN: https://shop.drberg.com/d3-k2-vitamin-regularEverything you knew about cholesterol is wrong—learn why!Find Your Body Type: http:/...

Comment

Most of what you have lost at this point is water weight. It's very important to get your electrolytes right now. Take supplementation and add Proplel to all your water. Get your Sea and Pink salt too. Keep up the hard work.
            Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Keep this thread rolling. I'm one week in (started the day after vacation) and down 6.5lbs. Worked out like a mad man too. 10 years ago I'd "do Adkins" and drop 12lbs in a week but those days are gone and I have to scrape and claw for every pound now. Starting to get over the keto flu and have no cravings so I'm gonna stay off the scale until next week and keep at it. Strips are nice purple

Comment

Don't know if I put it on the thread or not, but I couldn't stand how I felt after coming off of the Keto diet. So, after 2-3 weeks off of it, I have been back on it for a month or more. I picked up the weight loss right were I left off. I am now stable at 151 (.2-.4).
              That is almost 35 lbs gone from the start. And I LOVE the diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was basically forced to be put on a Keto diet after I was diagnosed with some auto-immune issues. I love me some pizza and cheeseburgers so it was hard to cut, but I have found SO many recipes for "bread" substitutes and such. I love to cook though so all the prep and stuff from scratch is fun for me, but is a lot of work. I have found recipes to make my own biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sandwich "bread", etc. Pretty much any time I have a craving, I just google "keto ..." and whatever it is I'm wanting, and there is almost always a substitute! Good luck guys!

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  The wife wasn't adjusting well to Keto and decided to come off of it completely about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Since I'm not about to make us cook 2 meals every time we eat, I came off of it with her. I have to say I have felt like absolute crap since I came out of ketosis. At first I LOVED being able to sip a few beers, but I hate this whole feeling hungry throughout the day thing. I think I will just slowly wear her down about going back Keto because this really sucks.

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  Don't know if I put it on the thread or not, but I couldn't stand how I felt after coming off of the Keto diet. So, after 2-3 weeks off of it, I have been back on it for a month or more. I picked up the weight loss right were I left off. I am now stable at 151 (.2-.4).
                  That is almost 35 lbs gone from the start. And I LOVE the diet.

Yeah, you did Are you cooking two meals now or did you get your wife to get back on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    What veggies can you eat, what's the portion size per meal?
                    First you need to figure out what your macros are. You'll see how many calories youll need to maintain at the weight you are at. If you want to lose weight then you need to eat at a caloric deficit. Figure up how many calories you are going to consume, and then figure your macros. You want to be around 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at Ketogenic and the new Atkins diet they look very similar. What are the differences?

Doctor put me on Atkins last week. I'm dieing with no energy. I feel like im starting to stabilize. Not yelling at the kids anymore. LOL That first week was a killer.

Comment

Ikeman summed it up when he said it is "My food". I went from 226 down to 184. I fluctuate and could afford to lose another 10# or so but I am comfortable here. Just DON'T CHEAT. Everyone gets hit in a different way but it gives me headaches if I cheat a lot. A little bitty bit I can get away with from time to time....

I feel a lot better and am greatful i did it! My wife made a keto friendly lemon pound cake last night complete with icing! You do not suffer on this diet. Just use the modified ingrediants.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          In down little over 20lbs in 2 months . Been easy to follow
                          Pretty much the same for me. I do drink the bullet proof coffee with a turmeric paste added in.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                            Looking at Ketogenic and the new Atkins diet they look very similar. What are the differences?

Doctor put me on Atkins last week. I'm dieing with no energy. I feel like im starting to stabilize. Not yelling at the kids anymore. LOL That first week was a killer.
                            I'm not real fa,I liar with Adkins, but I believe you cut carbs and veggies out. The basis behind Ketogenic is eating approx 70-75% of your daily calories from fat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

Chipotle has been my go-to place to eat out. I get a bowl with the following: no rice or beans, fajita veggies, 1 scoop of steak, 1 scoop of chicken, 1/2 scoop of Pico, sour cream, guacamole and cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                                Chipotle has been my go-to place to eat out. I get a bowl with the following: no rice or beans, fajita veggies, 1 scoop of steak, 1 scoop of chicken, 1/2 scoop of Pico, sour cream, guacamole and cheese.

WTH is a scoop of steak? Those two words should never be used together!

Comment

Working...
                                X