• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed. Very cool

Comment

Wow!!!!

Comment

Good to see PossumWalk out there helping! Looks good GarGuy please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing what you find.

Comment

cool stuff.

Comment

I dug about three hours this morning. We started at the edge and are working into the main site. Its killing me knowing what is in the middle and Im out there sifting lesser material but if we plan to work all of it, we have to start at the edge and work in.
            Found a few nice points. One really good serated Wells with a heavily ground stem, a nice Wells made of black palm wood, a somewhat poorly worked Wells mad of INCREDIBLE AGATE, and several misc artifacts.
            Attached Files

Comment

awesome thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Micks View Post
                awesome thread!
                X2

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                  Do you do this for a living, or money? seems like tons of work and money for fun. I had no clue people actually went to that much trouble to get artifacts
                  Its kinda hard to say what I do for a living..... I guide and outfit some. Monster gar and alligators. Made the best selling bowfishing video in history (LET EM ROLL) and then a sequel STILL ROLLIN. Run a airboat with a 750hp 572 to do environmental work. Do a few deer hunts and hog hunts. Dabble in the oil industry, Hunt indian artifacts......etc.

I guess you could just say I LIVE for a living. I will share a little. I worked a very high profile job for years. Managed hundreds of direct employees (735) at my last site. Worked 100plus hour weeks on AVERAGE! Got sick and doc told I was a dead man. I actually did die several times. They called all my family in and told me by. Thats when it hit me that i had worked all these years with all these dreams and now I was not going to get to do any of it.

I gave it all to GOD that day and immediately started improving even though the Dr said i never would. That was 13 years ago this week. I made a list of major things I wanted to do. Seven things some of which are very private. A major excavation was one of them, The other six are done, this is the last and Im blessd that GOD allows me to get up every day and live my dreams.

Its important to realize that every day you have is one you arent promised. Live life! Thats all I can say without getting too sappy.

Steve

Comment

This is awesome. I'm watching this. Too cool

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Its kinda hard to say what I do for a living..... I guide and outfit some. Monster gar and alligators. Made the best selling bowfishing video in history (LET EM ROLL) and then a sequel STILL ROLLIN. Run a airboat with a 750hp 572 to do environmental work. Do a few deer hunts and hog hunts. Dabble in the oil industry, Hunt indian artifacts......etc.

I guess you could just say I LIVE for a living. I will share a little. I worked a very high profile job for years. Managed hundreds of direct employees (735) at my last site. Worked 100plus hour weeks on AVERAGE! Got sick and doc told I was a dead man. I actually did die several times. They called all my family in and told me by. Thats when it hit me that i had worked all these years with all these dreams and now I was not going to get to do any of it.

I gave it all to GOD that day and immediately started improving even though the Dr said i never would. That was 13 years ago this week. I made a list of major things I wanted to do. Seven things some of which are very private. A major excavation was one of them, The other six are done, this is the last and Im blessd that GOD allows me to get up every day and live my dreams.

Its important to realize that every day you have is one you arent promised. Live life! Thats all I can say without getting too sappy.

Steve

Very inspiring post GarGuy....thanks for that. I bet you got plenty of years to live as well.....Just Live. Ahhh, I like the ring to that. Might get myself a t-shirt made with that slogan.

Looks like y'all had an outstanding morning and can't wait to see what else y'all find. If you need any help on 'Just Living', give me a holler!

Good luck to y'all. Can't wait to see that big scotty pop up on that screen.

Comment

So cool!

Comment

more pics!!!

Comment

Live livin' and diggin' ...I dig it!

Comment

That is a great testimony Steve. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Good luck with the excavation. Always an interesting ordeal. My uncle in Louisiana unearthed at the time the largest known Tunica burial grounds in Louisiana. Once he unearthed everything the land owners said he never had permission to dig and years of work was taken from him. Tons of artifacts were seized and hauled away. Funny thing was.... They never had any problem with him being on the property until they realized he wasn't some old nut they thought was crazy when he told them he had foind what others had been searching for over a long period of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X