How do you tell your wife no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
    Tell her you can’t buy her a new house cause that’s more space she’ll have to clean lmfao oh brother...

That just means my maid service goes from $360 a month to $460 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you tell your wife no?

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
      Stop being a tightwad and buy that woman a new house.... Her having to put up with you is reason enough....

I lost the battle and signed a contract Friday.

Man a year goes by fast

Last edited by Black Ice; 06-10-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Man a year goes by fast

Congratulations on your new home. Interest rates are low take advantage of them. My first home started out at 14% and we now have allot more home for not much more money.
        Last edited by tps7742; 06-11-2019, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Our second house was more than double the size and price of our first. Paid it off 2 years ago. Enjoy.........

Comment

I have not read all of the responses but here is my take on it.......You should have shut the gate a long time ago. Ignoring her desire to buy a new place was the wrong move. When she first brought it up you should have addressed it then. You should have said you realize the kind of money we would be throwing away? What can we do with our current place to make it better for you. By letting her shop you have given her the illusion that you are on board with getting a new house. You can still tell her no but it will be a little cold around your place for a bit. For the record I have been married for 32 years.

-john

Comment

I guess I should have read a little further in the thread....Just saw where you gave in. Enjoy the new place.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Son, it is quite simple really.

1.) You either grow a pair and explain the rules to her, or

2.) You ask her politely and embarrassingly to retrieve yours from her purse and return them to the rightful owner while promising future obedience.
                Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Man a year goes by fast

So Burnadell nailed it

Comment

Congrats on the new place.. it's not always bad to buy a new house..

Comment

Tell her you are putting a hammock in the bar!!

Comment

I'd suggest trying this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

TF is it with houses and dogs? I get 4 texts a week with real estate listings, and pictures of puppies, and I aint in the market for either!

Comment

Went thru this with my wife, I bought a house in 2008 before we met in, got married in 2012 and she was wanting to move in 2016.. I didn’t want to move because we owed 65k on a 210k house.. we went back and forth and I finally agreed to move. Looking back at it I’m glad we did and I’m glad we did it when we did.. we took the equity and paid cash for 10 acres and put the rest towards the house we built. We have lived here about 1.5 years and yes we owe more than we did when we moved but now I see what land is going for per acre around me and I’m glad we did it.. I also knew that I wanted to move at some point and did not want to live in the other house the rest of my life so figured I might as well do it now and get started paying the new one down..

Comment

Congrats on the new house. Did you get the saferoom designed like you wanted it?

Comment

Please post a picture of her purse. I want to see if it is a large one or just one of those little clutches. I suspect she does not need a big purse.

Comment

I never spell it out, really makes her mad. J/K, she doesn’t get told no. We don’t tell each other no when it comes to purchases, maybe not right now but never no. This allows us to create goals and achieve them together, works very well for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X