• Show
Clear All

Good fish, Mark!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

Sweet fish!

Comment

Thanks, but it dumb luck. Scott is 10 times the fisherman I am. Still, it was a blast to catch it.

Comment

I don't know about dumb luck. You adpated to the fishing conditions and hooked a big one.

BTW, I tried that spot and found the big log that big guy was lurking around. Fortunately I didn't have the bluegill spider that you gave me on the other end. I took it home and looked it up. Turns out I had seen a video on that fly a while back (was in my history.) That fly has weight wrapped into it, so it definately wouldn't have floated I'll need to tie a few of those to keep in the fly box.

But it was definately a lesson on what those bigger bass do in those smaller ponds. Because of the heat, they really do go deep; especially since there wasn't any shade in that spot. Those bream were probably all near the top because that big boy was staying low.

Comment

Whipped up a few flies tonight. Needed some more mini hoppers so I have some to give away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407294549152.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	24321132

Comment

Nice catch Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Cutthroat View Post
                If you guys are looking at rods I am a big fan of TFO. I have a 2,3 and 6 weight in their rods and they match up well against any sage or orvis. Bass Pro or cabelas offers several inexpensive reels. For most freshwater fishing the reel is there to hold the line. Get something with a drag and you can't go wrong. Saltwater or bigger rivers are we're you need a better reel when those fish make bigger runs. Fishing for pan fish with a 2 or 3 weight and small poppers is a blast.
                I am a big fan of FTO. Their customer service is outstanding...Lifetime warranty, with only a $15 fee. In an out of their Dallas shop in less than 10 minutes, with a new blank and a free hat. Second time I go a new real and no charge. Both times were a result of my negligence. Great equipment and good service.

Comment

My rod is a TFO, I don't know enough to be picky, but I like it. No issues for customer service yet

Comment

20" Carp on a clouser I tied from materials I bought from Hobby Lobby.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407463709776.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	24321454

Comment

The clouser

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407463981737.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	24321455

Comment

Nice catch!!!

Comment

That does not look like a carp! The scales are not big enough for a carp. It looks like a gaspergou (fresh water drum) and they are good eating!

Here is a pic of a gaspergou off the internet:

Name:	goo.jpg
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	24321467

Congrats! They keep getting bigger and bigger for you!

Bisch
                          Last edited by Bisch; 08-07-2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Sweet fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              That does not look like a carp! The scales are not big enough for a carp. It looks like a gaspergou (fresh water drum) and they are good eating!

Here is a pic of a gaspergou off the internet:

[ATTACH]641126[/ATTACH]

Congrats! They keep getting bigger and bigger for you!

Bisch
                              I agree, not carp, better than carp. Congrats

Comment

Yep... my ignorance! Too bad I let him go. He put up a pretty good fight. I actually thought he was more like a salt water drum I had caught several years ago... just didn't know they existed in the lakes. Should have turned the page

Comment

Working...
                                X