Bow remodeling complete! Maybe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow remodeling complete! Maybe.

My recurve had that limb twist issue and a while back I went over to Bassmatt's and he helped me fix the issue, then I procrastinated finishing it till one day the back side accent popped off. So I figured I'd play with it and fix it and use it as a wall hanger. Has a good bit of hand shock with that material on the back accent missing but I can put arrows touching. It may be taken out after some pigs.. The handle now says, "Oh Lord, I am a hunter, and life I seek to take. But let me not attempt the shot beyond my skill to take. For Lord they are your creatures given for our use, but each falls within your sight. So when I loose my arrow, please guide it swift and true, or let it miss completely." Carvings are a cougar and a hog track.
    Attached Files

Cougar
    Attached Files

Comment

Adjusted shelf and hog track
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good

Comment

And for all the bowyers on here, I used miniwax spray can stuff, how long should I wait before shooting now?

Comment

Probly a day or two should be good, it might say on the can...looks good

Comment

You have certainly personalized that bow. Did it begin life as a Kodiak Mag?

Comment

Made it myself in 10th grade, 4-5 years ago. Bingham, so easy a kid with no tools can do it.

Comment

Awesome job!

Bisch

Comment

Nice work there Dylan!

Comment

I just thought that the riser looked like a Kmag or Super Mag.

What are the specs if I might ask.

It doesn't get much more personal than building a bow, then carving on it, then inscribing whatever words you chose on it. That really is the ultimate.

Comment

You going to be around here long enough to bring that to a 3D shoot so we can oogle it in person?

Bisch

Comment

Nice job! Carvings look good too!

Comment

It's a 58", now down to 58lbs at 27". And yes I'll be attending hopefully every shoot possible till April. Definitely going to be at the Austin night shoot. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X