Strike Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strike Plate

Ok so in doing some more reading and tuning and reading and reading. I see I can play with the thickess of the strike plate on my samick sage and drastically change dynamic spine (all according to calculators) I've also seen where guys played with the thickness and made drastic differences. I haven't tried it, but what dictates whether or not you have a strike plate or not? Do you have to have one? With the strike plate I have it seems it would contact the riser of the bow just as much as it would the strike plate itself?

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
    I haven't tried it, but what dictates whether or not you have a strike plate or not? Do you have to have one?
    You should try it to see for yourself. I did one time, it was loud and scuffed the riser.

You can move the arrow left or right by thickening, hardening or softening the plate (same goes for the rest, up or down, to a lesser extent). Generally, the hardest material used would be leather moving the arrow furthest away from the riser. The softest (I like the Martin rug rest and shelf plate) wil keep the arrow closest to the riser.

Moving the arrow with the side plate is a simple and logical method to fine tune your bow and arrow.
    Last edited by JoeyF; 12-04-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X