Cotton seed around Dallas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton seed around Dallas?

Like the title says..... I am looking for somewhere to buy cotton seed around the Dallas area or the Throckmorton area. Also, looking to buy good quality protein pellets around those areas.

Thanks,

Following this thread

Comment

I am following also. Been looking for awhile

Comment

There is a feed store in olney tx, I get my protein and corn there, it's called berend brothers, I don't know about cotton seed

Comment

Originally posted by wisco-hunter View Post
          There is a feed store in olney tx, I get my protein and corn there, it's called berend brothers, I don't know about cotton seed
          Thanks, I'll check it out.

Comment

I wanted to fed cottonseed at our Collin county place and called about 5 feed stores in north Texas and they all told me you have to go where it's planted, which means out west. Good lunch let's us know if you find any here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
              I wanted to fed cottonseed at our Collin county place and called about 5 feed stores in north Texas and they all told me you have to go where it's planted, which means out west. Good lunch let's us know if you find any here.

They grow cotton out by Cooper and Klondike
              You may check some feed stores in Commerce area

Comment

Any feed store that blends there own feed will have

Comment

I know right before I get to Jean, TX headed westward there are a bunch of cotton fields on both sides of the Highway, so there has to be someplace near by that sells it.

Comment

Call your local cotton gin and see what they do with the seed.

A guy I know here in GA buys cotton seed for his cattle from the local cotton gin.

Comment

The drought the last few years has made it hard to find out our way. The guys at the gin sell the the seed to big wholesaler's, who sell it to the ranchers for cattle feed. I can get it for short periods of time, but not consistently . We hunt west of Haskell. We buy our protein in Weatherford,Haskell or Jacksboro .

Comment

Most Gins are probably out already if you wanted to buy bulk. I got the last of our local gin in January. I'm sure there are a few that would have some, bUT going to be hard to find bulk that is not already bought.

Best to buy early and store it until you are ready to feed.

Comment

Working...
                        X