Flowering Cactus Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering Cactus Question

While at the lease this past Monday I noticed all of the cactus had a yellow flower on them. My question is will deer eat the flower and if so is there any nutrition in them for the deer? Thanks in advance

When the flower turns to hard purple sprouts they will eat them.

Comment

Yes the deer will eat them, you should stake out a pear patch and watch a couple of does eat. It will forever change the way you see deer. Trust me, they have a jaws (as in great white shark) side.

Comment

Deer and yotes yet the pears. Not the flowers. heres a yote with a belly full of pears.

Comment

Thanks, I have noticed the flowers in the past but never payed attention to them. I have a big boar coming into one of my feeders that needs to go, hopefully I can watch some deer eating pears while hunting him.

Comment

The pears are good to eat

Comment

Good luck!!!

Skinny

Comment

Deer are eating the flowers up in North Texas at the present time. I do not know how much nutritional value they have, but it must have some or they would not eat them, as there are lots of feed out there right now.

Comment

The bears eat the heck out of the prickly pears.

Comment

I make syrup out of the pears and put in margaritas on Labor Day-yummy!!!

Comment

Wasps like them as well
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X