No announcement yet.

Discount tire confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount tire sucks. I quit using them a while back.

The discount tire guys seem to use the same calculator above for tire sizes. I always have to pull up the manufacturers website to show them it's not even close.

Stick with a 10 ply.
    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 05-15-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

We’ve only used discount tire for the last 20 years and used to be extremely pleased with them. Just between my dad and myself we currently have 8 vehicles that we’ve bought tires for in the last 2 years. We recently had a crappy experience with them though. My Dad got
      Them to order a replacement tire for his Kawasaki mule and they gave him the run around for over 2 weeks. ****** him off bad that they jumped through hoops any time we were spending $1200+ on a set of new tires but they could care less about our business for 1 $80 tire

Comment

Wait for the E rated.

Comment

Never had an issue with DT . And, I have spend a lot of money with them on multiple vehicles over the years. Plus, it is nice knowing I can have tire issues taken care of across the nation with them. I recently purchased a new truck and drove over to DT and was able to purchase road hazard and free tire rotations from them just like I had bought the tires there since it is a brand they sell.

Comment

Never had a problem with Discount across multiple states. Colorado, Wyoming, and Texas. All have taken good care of my needs. But when I show up I tell them the tire I want as I have already looked it up online and made sure it was the tire I wanted. Only time i have upsized they did say they may not fit, I told them I didn't care for my needs that was what I wanted, didn't say another word and put my tires on without issue.

Comment

I've never had a problem with DT and my wife likes to pop tires so the warranty has worked out for us.

I don't think you can blanket statement that DT is bad, they're only as good as the local staff you get, guess we've been luckier than some.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                I've never had a problem with DT and my wife likes to pop tires so the warranty has worked out for us.

I don't think you can blanket statement that DT is bad, they're only as good as the local staff you get, guess we've been luckier than some.
                True. Just like any chain. Ours lost my business years ago.

Comment

We just got one in Alvin, already used it and they were awesome. Discount is the only place I'll ever use.

Comment

OP, you know the tires you want, get the tires you want. They just wanted you in the tires they had in stock. That is why I usually order online, then get them put on at the store so I don't have to deal with that salesman.

Good for you doing your research. I am doing the same thing now, and your chart is incredibly helpful. Basically I need to stay at the E rating. Thanks.

Comment

DT are not what they used to be. I'm pretty sure due to law suits and thing of that nature. They wouldn't even rotate the wheels on my truck last time I went there because I'm running a 35x13.50x20 Toyo MT on a 3/4 ton. I just do them myself now....but I don't deal with them unless for one of the family cars....not my truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I need 1 new tire right now, I love buying them 1 at a time to watch them cry, you should work your tires the way you see fit

Comment

I have used Discount for all my families needs for over 20 years. They have always been reliable and had competitive pricing. Whenever an small issues has arisen they have quickly corrected it upon notification that there was a issue. Everyone has less than desirable employees at time. However one bad apple does not always spoil the bunch. You catch more flies with honey. The manner in which a problem is presented often has a lot to do with how the problem gets resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            I’ve bought probably 20 sets of tires through Discount and have never had a problem even using multiple different stores. I’ve always been able to get them to meet or beat any deal I bring them.

Free flat repair, free rotation and balance. I’ve even had the adjust some tires out that they shouldn’t have simply by buying a warranty very for that tire even if I didn’t buy them at the purchase of the tire.

They have never given me a reason to not want to go back so I will continue to buy from them until they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            My experience as well

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              I need 1 new tire right now, I love buying them 1 at a time to watch them cry, you should work your tires the way you see fit
                              You are terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                                DT are not what they used to be. I'm pretty sure due to law suits and thing of that nature. They wouldn't even rotate the wheels on my truck last time I went there because I'm running a 35x13.50x20 Toyo MT on a 3/4 ton. I just do them myself now....but I don't deal with them unless for one of the family cars....not my truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What was the reason given? That’s an F load rated tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X