Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    We don't have HEB up here...so no..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      If all else fails we can smoke baloney!

Nothing wrong with that

Comment

It was insane. Had I seen the sheet of paper laying inside I wouldn’t have bought anything. One chicken baked potatoe, one sausage plate, and one beef plate was $40.00 and change. Wait, had a large ice tea as well. Said they were running out of sausage as well. Been trying to help the local places out but if they can’t get meat then their going done as well and the cycle starts over. The ripple effect is hail.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
          Nothing wrong with that
          except Fischers in Muenster where I get my bologna hasn't had any they make, guess they are to busy keeping up with the regular meat cutting to make bologna and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            except Fischers in Muenster where I get my bologna hasn't had any they make, guess they are to busy keeping up with the regular meat cutting to make bologna and bacon.
            Man I go to Fishers once a month. I never thought about bologna there. I’ve been buying beef bologna from the deli counter at Walmart.

Comment

Meat in general is about to be scarce. I suspect there won’t be many Memorial Day or July 4th brisket threads

Comment

What a brutal hit to the bbq restaurants that survived the "pandemic panic"......bbq was already expensive to eat out
                This is tough. My daughter-in-law's parents own a couple of restaurants in East Texas and are struggling to hold it together with curbside and take-out. They were told yesterday by their supplier to expect shortages and significantly higher prices on all meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                  Man I go to Fishers once a month. I never thought about bologna there. I’ve been buying beef bologna from the deli counter at Walmart.
                  Theirs is fantastic. When I go to deer camp in Oklahoma I have to take a bunch for "gifts" to guys that let me duck and goose hunt their places. We grill thick slabs and eat it like a hamburger. They have some not theirs but I only get theirs. Supposedly a place in Lindsay makes good bologna too but haven't had it.

Comment

If you know how to process your own meat, now is a great time to purchase a cow or pig straight from the rancher. Cut out the middle man. There’s not a shortage of animals, just a shortage of packing plants in business right now.

Comment

This will be devastating to all restaurants. Even if they get meat who’s gonna be able to pay a premium price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                        This is tough. My daughter-in-law's parents own a couple of restaurants in East Texas and are struggling to hold it together with curbside and take-out. They were told yesterday by their supplier to expect shortages and significantly higher prices on all meat.
                        What a gut punch, see the light at the end of the tunnel then it caves in......

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                          Closest one I know to us of is in Corsicana.
                          Waxahachie has an HEB

Comment

I know where there is 22 head of black baldies but I don’t have a freezer

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              If you know how to process your own meat, now is a great time to purchase a cow or pig straight from the rancher. Cut out the middle man. There’s not a shortage of animals, just a shortage of packing plants in business right now.
                              I've got plenty to use/get but getting them cooled down quick enough is my problem, and freezer space.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Yup.. Since cattle aren’t worth much now anyway, I’ll probably slaughter a steer or 2

Comment

Working...
                                X