Blood tracking training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood tracking training

I have a 8 month old GWP that I'm wanting to get trained for blood tracking. Anyone know a trainer?

K9 Trainer or Atfulldraw will know. Its not hard to do it yourself. I trained my Poodle to track for me. I am sure there are a few more on this site that will know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggerjls View Post
      I have a 8 month old GWP that I'm wanting to get trained for blood tracking. Anyone know a trainer?
      Get some blood and hide and do it yourself. You and your dog will be a team. You need to train, learn and grow together.

Comment

I’ve trained my Lacy’s for blood tracking and baying up live wounded game. Where are you locate?

Comment

Do it yourself. Pointers should be very easy to train. Just reward the dog or put some meat at the end of the trail. Any hunting dog make very good trackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
            Get some blood and hide and do it yourself. You and your dog will be a team. You need to train, learn and grow together.
            Wondered about this
            How is best way to store the blood for training, how long will it last ?
            When do you train, off season summer or fall ?

I’ve had JRT in past that I would take out and start them on a deer that I had down and work them to a deer and they caught on fairly quickly
            But have wondered about how to use blood and hide method and what’s the best routine for training one in this way

Comment

Order this book. I used this method several years ago to train one of my beagles to blood track. Also, search for videos on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                Order this book. I used this method several years ago to train one of my beagles to blood track. Also, search for videos on Youtube.

http://www.born-to-track.com/book/order-info.htm
                Thank you
                I appreciate your response

Comment

Working...
                X