No announcement yet.

Eating bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandies here at Sandlin!! Course we got tons of Channel cats too and crappie are so thick we'll catch 3-4 on bass lures. We throw most of the largemouth back

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      Na throw them and speckled trout back in the water . It’s the law..
      Made me laugh.

Comment

Saving crappie one Bass at a time

Comment

The only reason I don't eat bass is because I don't bass fish..

Comment

Lol that pic will get them riled. This Thread has potential

Comment

Shoulda........................

Comment

Grew up eating them my younger brothers started chasing tournaments and throw em all back me I eat em as often as possible

Comment

Keep a few 14-16 inchers from time to time, but throw 99% of them back. They're not crappie, but I find them to be the next best thing. Catfish doesn't even come close IMO.

Comment

I really like them. They’re very quick to fillet and have a good, flaky texture. One of the better freshwater options for baking in my opinion. The only bass I don’t ever keep are river & creek brownies. Just takes them too long to grow.

Comment

I love eating bass. They all come out of our private lake. Much better than catfish.

Comment

They eat pretty good. 2 or 3 pounders make some mean fish sticks cut crossways in 1" strips.

Comment

I rarely fish for them but have no issue eating them.

Just like with trout in the west, elite people have made most feel that they shouldn't eat bass.

Pure propaganda BS, most any lake worth it's salt so to speak has a regular stocking program to replenish losses.

Comment

I don't pretend that eating a few bass will hurt the lakes, most lakes it will help. I'd like it if folks refrained from keeping the big ones but they are free to do what they wan't. Anything over 3lbs goes back in my boat.

There is a 16 inch bass in my fridge right now that made the mistake of biting while I was crappie fishing. He'll fry up just like the rest of the crappie. I can't tell the difference, but I'll eat sandbass and can't really taste the difference either, just tasted like fried fish to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Heck yes. Way better than catfish, but not as good as crappie or bluegill.
                              Agree

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post
                                Release in grease!
                                X2!

Comment

Working...
                                X