Video: Hog charges me while hunting w/ thermal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: Hog charges me while hunting w/ thermal

Hey guys I figured I'd post this up for your viewing pleasure. I shot this hog a couple weeks ago. I'll post my video description from Youtube because it tells the story pretty well.

This 175 lb East Texas wild hog didn't take kindly to being shot with a .300blk and decided to put a full on charge straight towards me. The first shot was at 45 yards and even with only 3 good legs you can see he covered that ground very quickly. I shot as quickly and accurately as possible and in the slow-motion portion, you can see I delivered some really good hits and then I missed several times but I got back on him as he was at point blank range. I moved out of the way at the very last second as he hit the right leg of my bipod and I continued to shoot as he fell 3 steps from me. You can see I had to move backwards to get him in the sight picture of my scope as he was hitting the ground by me.

It was 23 degrees that evening and I was testing out the new FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS233 thermal rifle scope and I have to admit, I think it performed extremely well for a $2,200 thermal scope, not much more I could ask for in a situation like this. I'm thankful this ordeal ended the way it did, it could have gone much worse.

**For those who are surely going to be offended by the graphic nature of this video when the hog is laying on the ground, let me be clear, I shot him repeatedly to try to kill him. Also once the hog is on the ground, the video was cut and trimmed multiple times to save time. I edited out a bunch more shooting that you don't get to see. I was doing all I could to kill this hog and not run completely out of ammo since I was 1/4 mile from my house. In all, including what was cut and after the video stops, I shot this hog 20 times with a .300blk and 11 times with a .380 with hollow points.

Sorry I have to add that disclaimer but I've been getting a little flack here and there about it and trust me fellas, I wanted him to die but he was having none of it.

- Jason

Turn on your sound!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Very cool...looks like a video game in slow motion

Comment

Holy crap... bet you needed a change of drawers after that... awesome video

Comment

Great video. Glad you took him down before he got to you. None of this offends me. Sorry to hear some people give you grief. Job well done!

Comment

Heck yea, that was awesome. Made my heart speed up a lil bit. Always a rush at night

Comment

Awesome!! Gotta get one.

Comment

Wow. Cool video.

Comment

They’re pretty tough sometimes ! I remember having to put three 10mm bullets into one that had been hit a little high with a .300 WSM once. Good video !

Comment

Great footage!

@&$% a 300blk

Wish I had a recording of one with gen 3 a few years back. I lost it on the recoil (308) and when I found it it jumped over me ( laying prone in wheat field)

You shooting a can by chance?

Comment

Wow! Congrats

Comment

Wow!! Awesome video. I cannot believe how many rounds that thing took to finally put it down. What a tough animal!!

Comment

Tough animals for sure!

Comment

He sure did not want to give it up !

Comment

Wow

Comment

Dude that was great. Heck of a video. No flack from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Working...
                              X