Time to import more bears to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to import more bears to Texas

***THIS VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC ANIMAL VIOLENCE AND DISTURBING IMAGERY/SOUND*** This wildlife trap-camera video was recorded by Tejon Ranch Conservancy biolog...

That video gives "this little piggy went to market" a new meaning

Comment

That would make for an interesting sit in the stand.......and a walk to it!!

Comment

Cool video.....loud summidge!

I'm surprised it took so much time for another pig to come to the squealer's rescue.

Comment

Looks like Momma pig came back to have a chat with the bear.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
            Looks like Momma pig came back to have a chat with the bear.

DJ
            That's what I thought I saw too. Haha. Wonder where this was at.

Comment

What the heck was that at the end? Another bear or a ticked off mama pig? Either way, that bear left in a hurry!

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Comment

sounded just like my fox pro "lil piggy" it will bring them in fast

Comment

I've been writing TPW for years about this!

Comment

They are slowly returning to Texas. They make regular forays into Edwards County and one even got videod as far east as Leakey. Like the Mountain Lion and Jaguar, they once inhabited most of Texas

Comment

I liked how the bear slapped the pig on the butt as if to say shut up lmao.

They are definitely in the Leakey area...on game cams quite regularly. I think Mary had an encounter with one up that way a few years ago.

Comment

Yea, you think hogs are a problem... just you wait. Bears won't just eat your corn and mess with your mechanisms, they'll destroy your feeders, stands and anything around and in short order... furthermore, they're protected from you doing anything about it... At least hogs can be dealt with as we see fit. Dang bears move in, all you can do "legally" is watch...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Yea, you think hogs are a problem... just you wait. Bears won't just eat your corn and mess with your mechanisms, they'll destroy your feeders, stands and anything around and in short order... furthermore, they're protected from you doing anything about it... At least hogs can be dealt with as we see fit. Dang bears move in, all you can do "legally" is watch...
                          Yes, and the stark difference in their stance on bears vs mountain lions is odd. Mountain lions can be shot on sight. I suspect that their position on bears will change once the population spreads more

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                            I liked how the bear slapped the pig on the butt as if to say shut up lmao.
                            HAHAHA... I was thinking the same thing when I saw it!

Comment

I love bears. Really cool animal. However, keep in mind, they WILL do this to your fawns and yearlings. I've seen a black bear grab and eat a mule deer fawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X