• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Last edited by bboswell; 07-20-2018, 10:21 AM. Reason: Tapa wigging out

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
      It doesn't have a flush cup on the side up front? That's silly and kind of defeats the purpose.

Grayboe website, lists the Terrain as having 3 flush cups, so assume 2 in back and 1 up front. Makes it nice to carry rifle flat against your back and bolt handle out away from you. You can also leave a bipod attached. The 2 sling studs underneath makes for a good place to mount a 1913 rail for an Atlas bipod.
      Yes, it has cups front and back on the left side in addition to the cups under neith in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Couldn’t have turned out better!

Rings look too tall but surprisingly the eye alignment is good with solid cheek weld. Probably gonna have to try some lows just to see.

Trigger Tech feels great during dry fire so can’t wait to shoot it.
        Nice looking rifle. Is that their GAP sponge camo?

Comment

Called and mine doesn’t seem to be on the radar either. Apparently waiting on more Curtis short actions. (7mm-08). Guessing August...hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
            Called and mine doesn’t seem to be on the radar either. Apparently waiting on more Curtis short actions. (7mm-08). Guessing August...hopefully

I assume I am in the same 7-08 group as y’all. I got excited seeing a couple come out, but guess the wait will continue!

Comment

Not the best photo but I’m happy how it turned out. I was up and down the color scheme I wanted. But I like it!
              Last edited by j.trevor123; 07-20-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Thinking of putting a vx-6hd, what ring you guys use for 44 mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Yes, it has cups front and back on the left side in addition to the cups under neith in the front.
                  Nice looking rifle B

Originally posted by j.trevor123[/IMG

I dig that camo pattern. ARC M10 medium rings.

What range of power scope are you looking at : 4.5-14, 3-15, 3-18, 4-24 ?

If looking at comparable power range scopes, I’d choose the vx5hd over the 6hd all day long. Better value and priced several hundred $ cheaper.

If wanting a FFP scope, I just bought a vx3i LRP 4.5-14x50mm , SF, target turret, TMOA reticle for $699. VERY pleased with this glass as it will be mounted on my new custom varmint rifle chambered in 220 Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post

I used seekins med. Prolly could have gone low

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      Nice looking rifle B

I dig that camo pattern. ARC M10 medium rings.

What range of power scope are you looking at : 4.5-14, 3-15, 3-18, 4-24 ?

If looking at comparable power range scopes, I’d choose the vx5hd over the 6hd all day long. Better value and priced several hundred $ cheaper.

If wanting a FFP scope, I just bought a vx3i LRP 4.5-14x50mm , SF, target turret, TMOA reticle for $699. VERY pleased with this glass as it will be mounted on my new custom varmint rifle chambered in 220 Russian.

Looking at 3x18, im no optics expert. But wanting something with turrets if I want to play a bit.. so what are the options?

Comment

I don’t mind spending some coin on a scope but definitely not opposed to saving a bit either

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Where did you find it for $699?

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                            Where did you find it for $699?
                            dealer on Ebay had it for $775 and honored the 10% off with free shipping for Fathers day sale.

Ebay will run the 10% off specials every 3-4 months. Use the code and profit on lowest priced optics

Comment

Love that stock pattern!

The rifle I posted has VX-6 with 52mm in Med and it’s on the verge of too tall. I would go lows on yours IMO

Comment

Looking at 3x18, im no optics expert. But wanting something with turrets if I want to play a bit.. so what are the options?

For what you describe I think the LRP Blake mentioned is a great option. We have 5 of them and they all have performed and tracked well out to 1100yds.

Comment

Working...
                                X